What is your local yoyo club like?

NYYYC holds it dowwwwnnnnnnn.

come through and we will show you the light.

3 Likes

It’s 2 hours away so it’s too far for my mom to take me

2 Likes

I googled yoyo clubs to see if there are any yoyo clubs local to me in the UK.

All I got was a few websites talking about football clubs (soccer) that yoyo, as in regularly promoted and relegated !

4 Likes

I live in Omaha Ne. I know there’s a club here but I haven’t gone yet. Soon though. I need to learn new tricks baaaaad.

2 Likes

My yoyo club is pretty cool. It’s my daughter and I. Usually I play, and will describe things to her when she’s watching me, she takes my yoyos and throws them around, or drags them around the living room or kitchen. She does her own version of Walk the Dog, called “Puppy Keep Up While I Run”. They generally take place in our living room, and can last anywhere between a couple minutes and a couple hours, depending on attention spans. :smiley:

6 Likes

We don’t have a name, a logo… any organization. We never had a contest or put together any events… but we have been meeting once a month for a few years now and I think it might be one of the greatest yoyo clubs in the history of mankind . If not, at least it is cheaper than therapy, so there’s always that.

4 Likes

Myself and that’s it! Sometimes I can talk somebody into trying to yo for a bit.

2 Likes

my current “yoyo” club is the university’s juggling club. For a juggling club there’s a surprising amount of yoyoers (about 3-4 yoyoers) and it meets 2 times a week monday and friday. I’d say it’s a pretty fun time

6 Likes

A force of one! It worked for Chuck Norris.

3 Likes

there are 3 throwers in vegas including my self no club yet but trying to start one

1 Like

Im trying to start one man

1 Like

So, I guess I have a local club scene now? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

It’s great, one of the young ladies made this sign today:

Idk where she got the image, but thought it was great that of all of the stock images she could have found, this is the one @MarkD :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

haha so cool! Really excited for you guys!

Also…free advertising for Mark!! :smiley: WIN!!

2 Likes

I’m in Eau Claire WI and there is no yo club here unfortunately :yo-yo: :no_entry_sign: :broken_heart: :disappointed:

2 Likes

Just started one up in Ontario Canada it will be are 3rd meet this week it’s eer Wednesday for an hour it’s just me teaching kids how to yoyo and a bit of kendama they have fun

5 Likes

Came across these old certificates from my former local yoyo club. The late 90s boom made this place like a madhouse, sometimes over 100 kids there. Enough people that the Kitty Hawk Kites location in the mall would bring out a table full of yoyos and supplies to sell every Friday night.

6 Likes

My “local” club met for the first time about 3 weeks ago and we had a blast. Everyone was so open and helpful. I made a couple of trades, threw some new (to me) throws, and had a blast. I just wish it wasn’t 90 minutes away. I’m still going to go at least every month that it is held.

3 Likes

So…any of ya’ll wanna travel to central Wyoming each month to start up a club here!?

:frowning:

4 Likes

Started a club earlier this year. Always good vibes. There’s 3 regulars up until about 2 months ago. Some other folks show up but not regularly. I told the others" Now that there’s four if us, we can call the winds!"
Always hoping for more as we try and build our local scene. Got 2 very experienced throwers , a world champ top spinner(Tao is his performing name I believe), and myself - I got tricks too😘
Having a meet on Sunday.

3 Likes

Funny thing. I was in high school in the late 90s but missed out on the yoyo boom I keep hearing about. Only recently did I even become aware of it- showed a friend my age some tricks and he was like " oh yeah. We all used to throw back in school." Found out it happened during the time I moved from the city out to the stix. By the time I moved back to the city, those that weren’t serious about it had already moved on, so it went under my radar.
I’m 35, about to be 36, and I’ve got my yoyo boom in progress!

2 Likes