Impromptu 1st yoyo club meetup!

I’m so stoked rn! I’ll update this thread a little later… stay tuned!

Edit:

Alright, so that was a lot of fun!

How it went down:

I’ve been giving out yoyos left and right to some of my friends and their kiddos for a few months. One of my acquaintances has been making some impressive progress by diving head-first into unresponsive play with his new Gauntlet. He’s learned barrel rolls, ripcord, breakaway, trapeze and basic undermount trapeze bind — all in like the last week!

So I was like, dude we should get together and like… play yoyos. And he was like, yes we should! So we decided to meet at the park today with our kiddos. I called one of my other friends and told him the plan, so he decided to bring his kiddos too!

So 10 in total wasn’t half bad for the first local yoyo club meetup! A few of the kids at the park came up to us and wanted to jump in, and I was blown away by the general spirit of inclusive helpfulness that the yoyo culture is known for. Everyone I invited just had this willingness to share what they knew with others, even if all they knew was how to throw and catch!

And just like that, a local yoyo club was born! This has been a slow burn dream of mine for the past year or two, and it came together so organically. I have so many ideas for the direction of this, it’s so exciting!

13 Likes

where’s it at?

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Can’t wait to hear how things go for you guys!!

2 Likes

Updated! <3

1 Like

:heart_eyes: so stoked for you

2 Likes

Thanks homie!

1 Like

The Throw Live Atlanta meet definitely wasn’t as organic. I had to just decide to put it together.

However, I have witnessed that same sharing spirit at our meetups.

Sometimes I feel like I’m too tired or busy to do it, but I never regret when I go ahead with our meets. I think we’ve only missed one month since we started.

5 Likes