What is your favorite yoyo?

What is your favorite yoyo?

1 Like

My answer hasn’t changed in years- 7075 Dert!

3 Likes

I usually go through honeymoon phases with new yo-yos for a couple of days, and then it’ll just get thrown into a rotation of my favorite yo-yos.

I don’t think I have one specific favorite, but lately I’ve been really digging my Colossus 4.

This was the “Dad” answer lol

3 Likes

My favorite yoyo is the shutter

1 Like

At the moment, I’d have to say the One Drop VTWO (when fitted with a Boss Rage bearing).

3 Likes

really digging the cadence right now

3 Likes

Vosun TiPower. It’s floaty yet stable, and can handle some complicated tricks.

1 Like

“After all this time?”
“Always.”

10 Likes

Well that’s good, considering you got it tattooed on your arm lol.

3 Likes

OYY Lust. Something about the weight, shape, stability, power, feel on the string and the way it moves are just right for me.

1 Like

The Lust is basically a bimetal Top Deck, which is probably a major reason it plays so well.

4 Likes

It’s been pointed out by another OYY/Turning Point fan that it’s like a big brother to the Leviathan 4b. It definitely plays different than the Top Deck, but the shapes are quite similar.

2 Likes

ed1 Awesome tattoo man!

2 Likes

Aren’t Boss Rage’s the best bearings?

1 Like

Luftverk/CLYW
Tundra
AMS Hardcoat
W/Full ceramic centering bearing.

1 Like

How do you like those full ceramics?

They are lighter, a little louder, and really adds to the experience. Ive played 3 other Tundras. and they felt different than mine with. Steel bearings also reduced the magical “sing” that the AMS does. It sounds like its from space.

Ive ran full ceramics in other throws and they are alright, but they really seem to shine in Ti’s.

Its weight change, and soap/water cleaning is a neat thing is you have to clean the bearing out and about, nice to not have to worry about rust on the bearing.

They are expensive and what it brings to the table usually isnt worth the cost, but in certain throws, its freaking magic, bro.

3 Likes

Ha thanks. I don’t think it’s really an objectively “good” tattoo, but I like it and “no regerts”.
Def love me some No Jive. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it looks perfectly OK, for a tattoo! I’ve seen wayyy worse than that, if you are worried!

2 Likes

Well; if Ed decides he really doesn’t like the quality of that No Jive Tat; he can alway ink over it with a jumbo tat of a Rev-G.

Or something else fun…:thinking:

Honestly; that tattoo lacks: depth, detail, visual impact, fine lines and highlights… and the monotone coloring gives the image a 2 dimensional feel.

When I started painting Custom Motorcycles 50 years ago; I started seeing more tattoos than I ever cared to see. I was fascinated in the extremely Wiiiiide range of ‘quality’ in finished ink.

I am neither a fine artist or a tattoo artist. But; I guess after about 20 years of dealing with bikers; I started getting a pretty good handle on the differences of good ink and regrettable ink. And that 20 years was about 30 years ago, lol.

The good news is obvious. Ed is OK with his No Jive ink. It sure looks like a No Jive. And although much larger than an actual No Jive; the aspects are within scale. The ‘visual’ sends a message that tells you something about the man.

There is easily at least one Tattoo artist in every major city in the Entire United States; that could ink a better No Jive tattoo.

But more important is that no matter how AWESOME of a No Jive tattoo a person could end up putting on their arm; the chances of that person being a more Amazing fixed axle player than Ed; is totally non existent.

I like Eds’ ink because I like Ed. It’s a down to Earth Tat for a down to Earth guy. It fits his easy going manner.

…and his mad skills are in an atmosphere far above Earth.

3 Likes