What is your favorite organic yoyo?

I forgot the gravity. Top tier stuff. Want bimetal weight distribution? Boom. Want that metal box into? Pow. Does it all.

2 Likes

parlay and or sudo undefeated in a traditional organic sense

5 Likes

I like my Spintime Matador as much as my MC. I also have a Spinworthy POM organic that is absolutely fun

3 Likes

Shape and feel they are very similar. The Sphere though plays much different, it doesn’t have that “hollow” feel that a Freehad has. It’s more solid feeling, but still floaty. It’s a great yoyo.

1 Like

That is good to know and only makes me want it more!

I second pretty much all of the examples already here, the only additions I’d have are:

Damian Puckett Duality - Bi-metal competition oriented organic. One of the few yoyos of which I own two. I cannot say enough good things about this yoyo. Your best bet to get one is to join the Facebook group or cruise the BSTs.

PDX Batsquatch - Another bi-metal organic, this is just barely second to the Duality.

Doctor Popular Icarus - I don’t throw this a lot, but I think it deserves a look, as it’s a good throw I don’t see mentioned a lot.

Fair Trade Yoyos Project Y - The best finish I’ve ever held, and a really great organic yoyo.

Guy With a Yoyo Saboteur - Another really good organic throw that I don’t think gets enough chatter.

Jordan Bliesner Fallen Angel - Mini under-sized organic bi-metal. This is a yoyo I will probably never sell, and I’m looking for a second one.

MFD Prime 8 - I hate putting this here, because it’s probably going to be difficult to hunt one down, but they’re still included in the drops. I love this throw, it’s comfortable, light on the string, and just a great testament to the good design and anodizing work of MFD.

One Drop Downbeat 20/20 - I don’t throw this a lot, and it’s not at the top of my list, but it’s a really fun yoyo, and one of the few organics with side effects.

Retic Boa - I have yet to try a Retic yoyo I don’t like, and the Boa doesn’t disappoint.

Throw Spiral Kappa - Just a really, really good example of an organic design. You’ll have to hit the BST for one of these, but they show up fairly often.

Zero Gravity The Don - D-bearing bi-metal organic. Well, organic-ish. It’s not an exact “O” shape, but it’s close enough for my books. They’re available with both steel and brass rims. The steel rimmed one is a bit more laid back, the brass rimmed one goes from 0-60 in a moment. Both are fantastic, and I love a D-bearing yoyo.

10 Likes

Very thorough response, thank you. I was waiting for someone to mention the Batsquatch. I haven’t played one but I do want one. I’ll add the rest to my list as well.

1 Like

Biased answer is the d bearing 5050. Everything 13 year old me wanted in a yoyo when I first started throwing. Great binds and Regens, SUPER nice finish. Comfort in the hand is unmatched too

Coming in 2nd is the general yo hatrick and 5star v2 for similar reasons. A great blast finish and super comfortable and light.

9 Likes

I’ve only ever played the Batsquatch 7068, and I like it a lot.
I know a few people prefer the 7075 version, but I’m not aware enough of the two to make a decent comparison.

4 Likes

The 5050 is amazing, I meant to include that on my list.
Both the C- or D-bearing are great, but for me the D-bearing just edges out the other in terms of personal preference.

1 Like

Yeah D bearing is great. I think that bearing size just fits the size really well. There’s no other organic quite like it really. Gotta try it to rly experience it.

2 Likes

What does everyone think about the CLYW Gorge? I missed out on that one but they should be doing another run soon, around December if I remember correctly.

Also, the OPYoYo Peach is very good. It’s an interesting shape and not one I had encountered before.

2 Likes

I love my MayheM. Duncan did a good thing letting onedrop machine them. Fantastic collaboration.

5 Likes

I think the YWET is my favorite organic yoyo. I have several versions of it and I’m quite fond of the hard coat version and the dri.

A close second is the Panorama and third would be the Grail.

Another great organic that is actually organic is the 2014 eh.

6 Likes

GWAY Throws Saboteur and the One Drop Intro are my favorites out of the 70+ I own.

8 Likes

If ZG the don is considered an O, its my best performing organic. Its a very good all around performer. I also like my rso gravity (i know big shock please try to remain calm) in reality there are just so many good O its hard to even list them

6 Likes

Odd, if you asked this question 5 years ago 888 would have been every other answer. I don’t think anyone has said it yet.

Well for me it is the 888.

12 Likes

Static Co., Sudo
RSO MechaBapezilla OG or SE
Static Co., OneDrop, Parlay
General Yo, 5 Star
yyf, 888ti
yyf, 808 ( Hawaii area code special edition )
OneDrop, Panorama.

These are my favs

6 Likes

888 is tied with hatrick for me. Such a good yoyo

5 Likes

Obviously the Grail and MCMO are widely considered to be the two organic GOATs, and I definitely agree, but I contend that the Panorama should be held in the same regard as those two. Here’s my take when it comes to these organics: the Grail has the most float, the MCMO is the most stable, and the Panorama is the most fun.

Honorable mention to the Hatrick, 5 Star and 888 since I was practically raised on those yoyos. Also, the Peak is a classic and the Creep is great as well.

9 Likes