Help me pick an organic please!

Some background: I ordered a garret but JK messed up and mailed me both the 420 & the garret… I did, out of ultimate curiosity, play with the 420 for a short while before I returned it… And I gotta agree that it’s something really special. I don’t have much experience with organic throws but now I’m super interested…

So now I’m thinking about picking up one (or two) organic throws on Black Friday (from YYE). I added some into the cart (Don, Kappa, Mowl Q) but not sure which one to get.

I’m looking for something floaty, nimble, soft and FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN. Ultimately I want to get the Grail (at a reasonable price) but you know how hard it is…

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Kappa is a good choice. I think it fits your specifications and I thought it was pretty close to the life.

5 Likes

If fun is the #1 goal, I’d highly suggest picking up a Panorama off of the BST if you can find one. Funnest yoyo I own.

Mowl Q will be great tho if you’re buying off of the YYE store.

7 Likes

Recess Joyride
Freehand One AL small or large bearing
Fair Trade Yoyos has an organic coming out soon called the 138 that I am pretty stoked about.

4 Likes

The Don is fantastic. You won’t regret it.

3 Likes

In no particular order, and restricted to what’s in stock at YYE currently

Saboteur
Kappa
Kapital
Don (brass or steel are awesome but play a little differently)

Also, the First Base is still one of my favorite organic throws, and cheap though to be easy to justify.

Some out of stock / harder to find suggestions:
Mk1 Contact
RSO Gravity
Atmos Cloudberry
Damian Puckett Duality (or DualiTi)
PDX Batsquatch
One Drop Parlay

8 Likes

I don’t know why the First Base doesn’t come up more in these organic discussions. It plays exceptionally well for being a $20 plastic organic yoyo.

5 Likes

This one is good and a personal favorite for the last year, you should also look into the FH1AL as your second pick up.

7 Likes

Assassin has organic rims and its small enough where you won’t be able to feel the open gap, just the rims. It’s also all stainless steel and SUPER affordable. Best edc around according to many people.

Besides that saboteur is very fun and gives a nice old/mid school feel but with a new school width.

4 Likes

It’s a solid yoyo for sure, but you answered your own question with the qualifier.

2 Likes

Both the Kappa and the Q are fantastic, you can’t go wrong with either one. The Q will be closer in feel/play to an A-RT Grail as it’s ~3.5 grams lighter and slightly larger than the Kappa, so it will feel more “floaty” and nimble on the string.

I don’t think you can go wrong with the pair and I feel like they’re different enough that they will compliment each other as far as types of organics. The Kappa will be a bit more “competition” geared since it has more weight (translating to more power) while still having the super comfortable organic feel. I like lighter yo-yos but the Kappa distributes its weight really well. Then the Q will give you an idea of how large light organics like the Grail play.

Frankly the Kappa is one of my all time favorite yo-yos and if I had to choose only one of those two, I’d pick the Kappa.

5 Likes

Fair trade YoYo 138 is a nice undersized organic to look for,

The grail is the best organic of all time in my opinion

6 Likes

Not fully organic but very close, the Pyro X is a great playing yoyo. Super fun throw for fairly cheap.

6 Likes

Markmont Magnum Opus.

4 Likes

I just ordered one of these yesterday on a whim. Excited to see how it plays!

Putting in a good world for the Yo-yo officer Zealot. Not hyped. Rarely mentioned by the organic crowd.

But a seriously fun YoYo.

3 Likes

pick up a GRAIL tonight…

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s above my budget… I’m totally fine paying the ticket price but $200 is just a bit too much for me.
Guess I’ll have to wait for the next run.

4 Likes

I was under the impression that the Grail is not getting another run

3 Likes

But the b7 might, right?