Help me pick an organic please!

If you liked it a lot, maybe try and pick up a 420 on the next drop. I have a light blue one in the mail and love the OG 6061 version.

I play almost exclusively organic yoyos. My recommendations would be:

• AR-T Grail (my favorite organic, kind of hard to find right now)
  • Markmont. Classic (and Magnum Opus)
  • RSO The End Part II (basically an updated Bapezilla made of 7068 aluminum - this one is seriously so good, dropping tomorrow I believe)
  • Duncan Freehand One AL
  • Edit: Jake Bullock OG Dunk

I would avoid the Kappa if you’re looking for super floaty. It has extra rim weight and a slight V profile. I consider it a more competition driven organic.

Lastly, I wouldn’t suggest starting with a bimetal organic. They tend to be less floaty and seem to go against the nature or purpose of the O-shape. It’s like putting a turbo-charger in a VW Beetle.

2 Likes

Sadly, no. Jensen said the 7075 made things really difficult And they had an inordinate amount of b-grades. They have said they won’t be doing any more of the OG Grails.

1 Like

Now I kind of understand the premium

Hm that’s odd. Don’t see why 7075 would cause more B-Grades. Maybe they switched to a different manufacturer than One Drop?

1 Like

I think most to all of the b-grades we’re due to anodization. My understanding is that 7075 can be harder to anodize.

B7 was still done by One Drop. I think the only non-collab that wasn’t done by One Drop was the unnamed bi-metal.

2 Likes

Ah that makes sense

1 Like

So I just pinged a-rt on instagram about if there will be another run of the grail…
Maybe they were just trying to make me feel better, or maybe they started to change their mind due to the high demand, but they didn’t say absolutely not. It’s just that there isn’t any plan at this moment.
I guess it’s a good news to me… I’ll be waiting lol

4 Likes

I’d say the YoYofactory BiMetal, Super nice inexpensive organic bimetal

3 Likes

amongst a couple of my peers, i’m going to plug the FTY 138 too… comfort, fun, plays more than an undersized, great contours and will fit perfect in your pocket

4 Likes

OP Peach, its on the larger side, has a good amount of power and weight in it but still retains the organic traits you’re looking for. Other Recs: MMC, Overture, Assassin, 5050, Bolt 2, RSO Bowl series. On the expensive end: Ti Triton, gravity.

3 Likes

Dude, out of all those The Don from Zerogravity stands out. It’s made out of 7068 aluminum, bi-metal (SS or Brass), D bearing, RSO pads, full sized, extremely powerful, you name it :sunglasses::fire::fire: you can’t go wrong bro!

5 Likes

I would need to double check w/ A-RT / One Drop but I think it’s actually fewer than I previously thought, which was all but the bi-metal like you said. When @DocPop visited them recently and toured their playable museum, One Drop manufacturing for A-RT came up (timestamp link) and it sounded like they make:

• 420/420 light
  • Grail/B7 Grail
  • Quail
  • Dale
  • Garrett
  • something called the “cube”(??)

They specifically mentioned that they didn’t make the DK and there was no mention of the Sucction which similarly has caps. I feel had they manufactured the Sucction it would have come up when Shaun was listing they ones they make since it seems like it’d be a memorable yo-yo to machine. There was no mention of the Fe/urn (unless that’s the Cube??), Life (I think these are made by whatever machine shop makes G2 yo-yos), or 69. But it’s also entirely possible it just slipped Shaun’s mind while they were going through the shelves since it was a very impromptu thing.

1 Like

We’re releasing the Parthenon on December 2nd if it looks interesting to you. Bimetal Organic, 7068 AL, SS Rings, 62.5g.
Otherwise The Saboteur is really good for the price!

8 Likes

Thanks for the great comments about the Don!

@jjdddn1 I know it is hard to decide, but if you need any specific information about our throw, let me know.

4 Likes

Yeah, the DK, Sucction, and 69 we’re all collaborations with SF, SF, and Old School Throws respectively. All three of these (I believe) we’re on the cheaper side, around $100.

I don’t see how the Life and Fe/urn couldn’t have been made by One Drop since they have the Pyramatte finish, which only One Drop does.

Edit: I do remember seeing on AR-T’s IG that the Life was made by One Drop.

2 Likes

Lifes were split between OD and Jake’s shop IIRC (the solids were OD and the crazy colors/tighter seats were chinese)

Suction was unparalleled not SF as well.

Dk is still my favorite art. Plays like a brick but is so cool. Wherever it was machined it still plays very smooth for such a crazy design

4 Likes

Good call on the Unparalleled collab. I forgot about that.

I really wanted to like the DK. It is probably the coolest looking yoyo in play (particularly the Tyler V. promo video for it). I don’t know how to describe my perception of it other than “unnatural.” It just didn’t feel right.

2 Likes

Got my saboteur the other day. It’s most excellent.

Or if you don’t mind a D bearing its brother the Daredevil.

4 Likes

Second the Saboteur recommendation. You can grab a b grade for 40 bucks on GWAY’s site. It’s an awesome yoyo.

4 Likes

The Don is so good I never think of it as an organic, hahahaha! I gotta put in a good word for One Drop’s Intro, one of my favorite back to basics organics. I have also really been enjoying the FH1Al small bearing, super fun old school play, but it demands more from the player.

6 Likes