Which organic

Look at a few organic throws and was hoping for some input from those more experienced than me on which one of these might be a better option for me.

I am aware that organics tend to be a more casual type of play. I am looking for something that has decent power and spin time as well as stability. Some pros and cons of each

Looking at these options (Dia, width, gap, weight, cost)

Triple/double
58.5 47 4.82 66.5 55.00
PDX.YO Locus
54.5 44 4.6 65 60.00
Mowl Obsession
54.5 42 4.7 65.5. 70.00
GWAY Saboteur
55.5 45.5 4.4 65 60.00
FTY 138
51 38 4.4 65 75.00
Kapital
56.5 48 4.6 64 65.00

Thanks

1 Like

I have the Obsession and it is quite a good yoyo to be an organic shape, the yoyo is build so well, smooth as glass, love the colourway and the graphic is sick, the original bearing is very good and the whole packaging is great.

Tried many organics and this seems somewhat quite stable for itā€™s shape, nice feeling in the hand and quite a good spin time overall, is quite a good yoyo and feels nice to be played.

This is my experience with it but is the only one I own in your list, also I am not a fan at all of organics, this one is somewhat good, is nice to play with it and can keep with some serious combos

4 Likes

I only have the Gway Saboteur from your list so I canā€™t compare it to the others but I like it a lot. Also they had them on sale last I checked so Iā€™d call that a pro.

1 Like

I only have the Mowl Obsession from the ones you listed. Itā€™s smooth, stable and a lot of fun. I would recommend the Mowl Q over the Obsession but it doesnā€™t quite fit your Organic. What about the YYF Kapital? Thatā€™s been another fun one for me.

1 Like

Triple double is one of my favorite yo-yos of all time. So underrated. Itā€™s big and bouncy but performs way better than I ever expected. The Kapital is also amazing imo.

The FTY 138 is a great little pocket throw but donā€™t expect it to blow you away. Itā€™s a fun little guy with an old school feel

6 Likes

My Mowl Obsession+ has to be my favorite unresponsive yoyo. It has an amazing spin time, never feels clunky, and powers through all my messy mistakes. And itā€™s ultra smooth.

4 Likes

The Koi from Yoyofriends is pretty nice. Made from 7068.

4 Likes

I do have the Kapital, the Triple Double, the Locus and the Saboteur to compare.
In my opinion the Triple Double has a certain heft to it and with itā€˜s slightly larger diameter it sure has quite some power. With its shape though I find it to have something toy-ish to it.
The Locus pretty much feels like it looks (if that makes any sense). It also is pretty powerful but it feels more light and nimble. Because of the shape of the rims you can feel the inertia on the outer rims but it feels less blunt but more ā€šthinned outā€˜.
The Saboteur has a distinctive old-school feel to it. The shape and finish fell exceptionally comforting in the hand and with those high walls it invites you to just flow.
For the Kapital I look at it as kind of the vanilla throw compared to the other ones. Kind of the Shutter of the organic Yoyos.

1 Like

if you can find one, the Yoyofriends Koi is one of my all time favorites, and a very ā€œpureā€ organic (no response bumps, or schmooves). lots of power and stability, plays laidback and flowy.

3 Likes

I second the Koi! Pure organic bliss. I do have a Kapital as well and itā€™s a floaty little player and I enjoy it, but from a completely organic standpoint, I love the Koi.

2 Likes

The Saboteur and Koi are total standouts among the multitude of recent organic releases. The Koi is exactly what youā€™re looking for if you want something thatā€™s powerful and stable while retaining all of the best characteristics of organics.

1 Like

Of the ones you mention i own the Kapital, Saboteur and Triple Double.

And i honestly couldnā€™t pick a favorite from those three.

Triple Double is by far the most powerful out of those three.

Saboteur feels light and fast

Kapital somewhere in between the two.

Theyā€™re all really nice though and you canā€™t really go wrong.

I will say that the Triple Double feels less like an organic to one and more likea performance based yoyo mm that just happens to have very rounded edges.

2 Likes

I have both aluminum and SS KOI and really like them, both are very nice. I am looking to expand my options.

I have decided against the Triple/double, Locus and the FTY 138 for the reasons mentioned above.

I am leaning towards the Saboteur for that old school feel, smaller gap and overall size.

Thank you all for your comments, it really helps to hear what others have experienced witthese. h

1 Like

Can I ask why you are letting those go?

Did you consider the RCS Show Pony?

2 Likes

In the past I used to buy multiples of throws I really liked. Especially when there were several intriguing colorways. Right now Iā€˜m trying to downsize my collection so I thought I also sell some of those multiples I have. For the Triple Double I also have the blue/purple colorway which I prefer. Concerning the Kapital I couldnā€™t resist to also get the Yoyoexpert Edition in blue and pink-ish. And for the Saboteur Iā€˜m selling the second half-swap of the purple/gunmetal I have. It never has been played with. The other two have barely been played with.

2 Likes

Thanks, I have one. It is very nice.

Howard

1 Like

I own a kapital, a Koi and a saboteur. I like all three, but I play my RCS show pony way more. About the same size as the other three, but a couple grams lighter, which I like.

4 Likes

I would like to thank everyone for their input, I decided to get the GWAY Saboteur. I like the overall shape of this one, smaller gap and positive feedback about playability.

Thanks @Thruwell for the offer but I got one from YYE in Crimson Red.

1 Like

Love my Mowl Obsession but never play it for fear of damage. It is so pretty ā€¦ one of the best looking yo-yos I own. It definitely feels more nimble and elegant than the Koi, which is nice, just not as good.

1 Like