If you could only have one organic in your collection. I need your help

I’ve been on again, off again on yoyoing for about 25 years. I have had the biggest resurgence and am in it deep (and it feels fantastic!)

I went from only having my TiVayder since I last bounced, to a modest collection which will include (assuming my trades pan out) : Lost Treasure Reaper, Weekender, Daytripper, Deepstate, Alleycat 650b, 20ehteen, TiVayder, OG Sasquatch, Aitch, Super Gruntbull (Super G with Gruntbull ano) and an RBC.

As you can see I went ham in the responsive metals. My throw that got away years ago was my Maple Drip Peak. It was what defined the word floaty. And as you can see, I’m missing an organic, and I’d love your opinions in what you’d go after in my shoes (preferably floaty.). It doesn’t have to be something in stock, I am no stranger to the BST.

The answer may very well be to hunt down another old Peak, but I just can’t justify the cost, so I’m looking at alternative options.

I love you guys (and gals), you’re my yoyo family, and I’m a bit if a hermit so I cling to what I have. I appreciate your insight.

8 Likes

MCMO for the comfort and Versatility regarding weight tweaking :grin:

If you want a cheaper alternative “Throwback-Arcade” is my MOST played organic :grin:

5 Likes

The AR-T Grail is often thought of as the holy grail of organics.

7 Likes

There are a lot of very good options. My favorite is probably my Heaven Sent Creep, and I believe there is one available on the BST. I would also recommend for you a Peak 2. It’s an excellent yoyo. Any One Drop organic is going to be great. MMC of course, Parlay is great and pretty close to a Bape in size/shape. Panorama is also great if you like high walls. FTY 138 is a great smaller organic. The new Freehand Als are great too! The Ti version is also awesome. I also love any A-RT and can’t recommend them enough. OD Rebirth is also very good and available now.

8 Likes

I really love the Heavensent Creep, probably my favorite and I have most of the big name aluminum options that you might be considering.

7 Likes

I personally have been gravitating to my panorama. It is probably my most thrown yo-yo of 2021. Close second would be the Furn. But most people see that as an oddball. Just small, nibble, and deceivingly light. Lots of love for those two throws.

3 Likes

Duncan Freehand One, either plastic or AL depending on your preference. I’d opt for the AL large bearing personally.

There’s a lot of other stuff that can feel sort of flavor of the month, or hit very similar notes, but Freehands are enduring. You’ve got the pure organic rims, the high walls, and super customizable weight and aesthetic options. Even more when you consider the modability of plastic freehands, add schmooves or anything else your heart desires. They’ve got pretty much everything I want out of an organic and then some.

9 Likes

I’m a huge fan of my Yoyofriends Koi. Very nice weight distribution and the size is perfect. Its a “pure” organic with no response bump, just nice curves.

15 Likes

Also, I made a similar post recently that had a ton of good recommendations.

5 Likes

Life is pretty nice

4 Likes

Same here. My vote is for the arcade it’s a really nice organic yo-yo and feels great in the hand and on the string :grin:

3 Likes

I really appreciate everyone with some great suggestions. With your help I derived a plan.

I think I’ll snag a B grade arcade since they are dirt cheap.

Then, over time, I will trade for a Creep or Peak 2.

Eventually I’ll get a Grail, Hatrick, 07 888 and a 5 star.

And I’ll end it all off with getting a 3rd run Peak, Ywet and OG Eetsit.

Goals.

10 Likes

I really can’t say enough good things about the GWAY Saboteur. It’s the best of the modern analogues to the Peak that I’ve tried so far. Reminded me a ton of the string feel my 2nd run Hulk Smash had when I first threw it. Since then I’ve come to appreciate all the little design improvements it has over something like a Peak. The scooped catch zone and the deep schmoove that allows it to retain a highwalled yet stable design make it my favorite yoyo to catch, throw, bind (binds are genuinely incredible), and play with. The finish on my A-grade is outstanding, and it is easily the smoothest yoyo I own on handgrinds, which I am particularly sensitive to vibe on.

8 Likes

If I had to choose one organic YoYo - Grail.

4 Likes

YWET if float is taken into consideration.

I want to try a Grail, and I’m pretty sure there’s a new AL7 version they’re releasing as well, so maybe keep an eye on that. Also don’t know if my prototype YWET plays different to the SE version.

5 Likes

Another vote for the GWAY Saboteur. Really pleasant throw all the way around.

3 Likes

Rso Ti Bowl

9 Likes

Everything so is a great suggestion.

For me personally:
RSO Mecha-Bapezilla SE
I love the undersized organic with the option to swap out the side effects.

Suggestion for someone with a high budget:
RSO x Atmos Gravity
Changing up the side effects and caps combinations can make it feel like a bunch of different yoyos, it can fill a lot of niches.

Suggestion for a lower budget:
Spiral Kappa
An amazing organic, still relatively find-able

7 Likes

Here’s my thoughts about the popular organics, I own all of these so I feel confident making a comparison:

MCMO - probably the best from a performance standpoint for an organic due to its stability. Doesn’t feel like an organic on the string and screams through combos with UL’s installed.

Grail - by far the floatiest feeling organic, has a hard to describe “goldilocks” magic to it. Unfortunately due to practically no rim weight, it is not as stable as the MCMO, although I have trouble choosing which one I like more (and go back and forth all the time).

Creep - I don’t reach for this as much as the MCMO or Grail, but I do feel it’s also one of the best designed organics ever. It perfectly calls back to that classic old/mid school feel without feeling like a brick on a string, like so many of those old/mid school yoyos do. I feel like it’s a better “Peak 2” than the actual Peak 2 is. @Tobiyo89 and I were talking on Discord the other day about how if they would’ve just released the Creep as the Peak 2 and put the Peak nub on it, the Peak 2 likely would’ve been better received.

Peak 2 - Don’t get me wrong, the Peak 2 is totally a great yoyo on it’s own, and I feel like if it wasn’t attached to the Peak legacy, and released under it’s own name/as its own thing, it would’ve been received better. It’s smaller than the MCMO, Grail, and Creep so I do pick it up less but I love it! However, if you throw an OG Peak, you’ll realize that the 1 and 2 are a bit more different than they are similar in terms of “feel.”

Hatrick/5 Star - My first ever high end yoyo was a Hatrick that I bought in 2009 at Nationals when it was first released, so I’m very sentimental about it! 5 Star is great as well, but keep in mind, these are pretty undersized by modern standards, and not performance pieces in the slightest. More for fun than anything. Basically, if you like small organic yoyos with a great blast, these are for you.

Panorama - My go to, the one I grab the most, my EDC, and my favorite organic without a doubt. Easily pocketable (doesn’t protrude like other yoyos do, due to width) but 100% capable of anything you throw at it. One of the greatest and most “fun” yoyos of all time IMO.

Ideally, these yoyos are “the essentials” when it comes to organics, that I think everyone should have in their collection or have at least tried (also an 888 and Anti Yo stuff). But, if you could only make me keep 3, I’m choosing Panorama, Grail and MCMO - those are the ultimate “must try/buy” organics.

19 Likes

You should definitely give Cloudberry a throw.

5 Likes