If you could only have one organic in your collection. I need your help

KOI. Full sentence.

4 Likes

I love organics and have owned most of the ones people praise (grail, Mc, mcmo, etc.). My favorites are the Elysium by few and far between, the Duality by Damian Puckett, the MC by one drop, and the grail by art.

5 Likes

The Don by zero gravity is an amazing throw

3 Likes

I like the b7 grail , the creep , and the mowl q

3 Likes

I would keep only one of my (MK1) Contacts.

11 Likes

Parlay.

2 Likes

Just one? Prob the GWAY Throws Saboteur. Such a nice combo of yoyo design past and present.

4 Likes

The project y by Fair trade yoyos is one of my favorites. Freehand on Al is really great as well

2 Likes

If I had to pick only one to keep, it might be the One Drop Overture, Markmont MC (probably MO), Grail (probably B7), or the RSO x Doc Pop The End Part 2 (Prelude).

Lots of recommendations for the Saboteur. I played one briefly and, while the shape is pleasant, the blast was too grainy for me.

1 Like

If price weren’t an issue, I would recommend the RSO gravity. It’s so customizable that you can probably find the right weight distribution to fit your organic preferences. This is for sure the most versatile organic you can get. Sudo/Parlay would be my second recommendation

Other personal favorites: Panorama, Grail, MMC, FTY 138, Anti-Yo Ywet, Bape, Mowl Q, The Don, Creep, Batsquatch, Life, Koi, Cloudberry, Koi.

5 Likes

I would take an 888

2 Likes

You’re gonna want to try the new Stormberry from Atmos Projects! Organic bi metal. :slight_smile: they still have some on their store.

10 Likes

Well I’ll add yet another opinion.

My vote is the Dressel Designs 50/50. Can’t fault it.

4 Likes

The OP Peach, because it pushes me to become better as a player, has the same comfort as others but plays like nothing else. Love that yoyo and currently it’s my go to organic.

2 Likes

Woah! That colorway is stunning! Didn’t know it came in that color.

2 Likes

Me: scrolling and hoping for the definition of an organic yo-yo….

Do the others use pesticides? :joy:

3 Likes

Organic is a term for the shape of the yoyo. The three yo-yos on the bottom are organics that have been mentioned in this thread, the top yoyo is something that’s not an organic, it’s a W shape. Organics all have big curved rims like that, and generally have higher walls (sides of the yoyo where the string can make contact with the yoyo.) Think of things that look closer to a classic Duncan Butterfly.

Organics aren’t particularly great in terms of performance, since there’s less width to catch the string and you have to be more careful to not have the string rub against the sides of the yoyo and cause it to tilt or slow down.

That being said organics have a lot of unique traits that people can typically find fun. They’re not the objective best performing yoyos, but they perform well enough while having enough unique characteristics that make them fun for a lot of people. I like the slim width and higher walls that require me to be more accurate with my play, and I like the extra control they give me with certain tricks I use a lot (rejections and regens.)

10 Likes

Thx!

Top yoyo is an H shape, and bottom yoyo is a mix between a V shape and an O shape

3 Likes

In production - Life
Retired - Triton

1 Like