Best Organics?

Looking for input on what everyone thinks the best Organic style yoyo is.

I am an old school thrower and grew up throwing the original Duncan Butterfly.

I have been buying yoyos here and there for the past couple of years. However, I still have not thown anything I have purchased. (Crazy, I know.)

The more I buy, the more I think I don’t want to deal with pads, stickers, constant lubing / cleaning, weird shapes, etc…

Here is a list of what I own:

OD Deeper State - Unopened NIB

2ea OD Marquis - Unopened NIB

OD Cabal - Bought on BST with one small flat spot. Never thrown by me. NMTBS.

Duncan Tourney - Bought on BST with one small knick. Never thrown by me. NMTBS

Moonshine 1 - Bought on BST. Thrown once by me. NMTBS.

Shutter - Scales Editon. Bought on BST. Never thrown by me. In very good shape and was cheap.

Duncan Dragonfly, Mosquito, Ballistic, and FHZ bought new by me. All thrown back in the day when I was a yoyoing fool.

Thoughts?

1 Like

What tricks do you want to do?

Really, I just want to start throwing again without having to worry about maintenance at this point in time. Not only that, I don’t to ruin a good yoyo.

Also, I am partial to plastic and an organic shape.

Thinking about buying a Tigershark, Butterfly XT (simple I know), and other low end stuff. Also, Recess First Base.

As for higher end organics made of metal…MMC, MCMO, OD Benchmark Series, Duncan Butterfly AL… dunno.

I think you would LOVE a One Drop Panorama. It’s a (relatively) slimline high wall unresponsive. Very “old school” feel but it can take any trick you can throw at it. It’s my EDC that I bring everywhere, and one of the hottest yoyos you can own rn.

Also throw at least some of those yoyos man! It’s like ordering a filet mignon at a high end steakhouse and then not eating it.

6 Likes

I would suggest hunting for these organics,
Static Co. Sudo and One drop Parlay both are great and are very similar yet very different organics. If like one, you will love the other.

Dragon Slayer Parlay
Silver Sudo
The Panorama it is is also a great throw I agree with the post above.
Hope the pictures help

7 Likes

Organics are hot with the bst crowd these days, so you might have a hard time finding some of the ones that people are going to recommend first.

But fortunately, there are plenty of fun throws that are easily available.

The MK1 contact is a very fun throw. Very light, super floaty, not a crazy powerful throw, but a good time for sure.

I also am partial to the Yoyo officer Zealot. Very fun undersized organic.

Both of these yoyos you can buy today.

6 Likes

Cool pics! Love the rug under the yoyos. The straight lines of the rug under round objects gives a lot of contrast to the photo.

Just glad I got a Cabal when I did. Organic plastic is my favorite.

Time to get a cheap modern plastic and start throwing again.

2 Likes

YYR Anomaly

2 Likes

Yooooo side note but your Panorama has the best SM I’ve seen in a minute… if only they all came out looking like that lmao

4 Likes

Do you want to play responsive or unresponsive? If you like Old School plastic and you want Starburst response with an adjustable gap to play either responsive or unresponsive, than there is one yoyo that fits this description. An early 2000s YoYoJam Patriot. However the Cabal is very similar if feel, but its unresponsive with a step bump.

4 Likes

Why not just throw what you have?

4 Likes

Wanna throw responsive.

Looks like a Patriot might just be the way to go.

1 Like

I picked this Panorama up late after the drop here in the forum. I was lucky to get such a nice SM thank you. I am on the hunt for a Mardi Gras color way Parlay, and an Orange Sudo. I saw an Orange Sudo on Static Co Sudo appreciation post it was sick, with Green energy domes. Thank for the complement on my throws.

2 Likes

The patriot is awesome but my heart belongs to the kickside.

3 Likes

It sounds like a Duncan Butterfly XT would work for you. I like the First Base also, but it has pads rather than starburst (a plus in my book). But you have a lot of options.

1 Like

You wanna a great organic throw bro? the Don from zerogravity is out of this world!

3 Likes

i honestly like the yo tricks arcade or the my n3

Plus one for the Arcade.

2 Likes

Say What!!!

3 Likes