Best Organics?

Uh oh, you triggered the Robin… :laughing:

3 Likes

Saboteur and contact are really good. And there’s a bunch available here!

I’ve also got a new run of a 1:1 organic releasing soon (diameter and width are equal) called the 5050 with a D sized bearing this time.

8 Likes

If you aren’t throwing your yoyo’s much, I wouldn’t worry too much about switching out pads or lubing/cleaning bearings. You don’t really have to do either too often. Also if you keep buying yoyos you’ll get to a point where you’re not going to wear anything out if you keep everything in your collection in your playing rotation.

My favorites:

A-rt Grail
Atmos project Cloudberry
Old School Throws Confluence
PDX-yo Batsquatch 7068

Grail is probably the gold standard for organic non-performance, “floaty” yoyos; floaty meaning that they seem to float a bit in the air like a balloon. Grails are sadly difficult to get. A-rt doesn’t really release large amounts of yoyos when they drop them and they are in high demand. The Cloudberry is also has a lot of float as well, but in a smaller design. Atmos tends to release a lot more of them when they go on sale.

Confluence is really good but is under the radar for a lot of people. It’s bi-metal organic but it still has a ton of float. The extra power isn’t really that noticeable as it it’s so well balanced. It doesn’t feel rim-weighted at all. The Batsquatch 7068, another light bl-metal, is much more well regarded and well known. However, it is bit more towards the performance end of the spectrum being more agile and quicker to change direction.

All four of these are stellar yoyos–a recommendation from a person that usually doesn’t go for floaty organics.

EDIT: Forgot to put Throwspiral Kappa on the list as well.

4 Likes

MARKMONT. Period

5 Likes

Yoyofriends Koi, its so much fun.

2 Likes

It might not get any better than the Grail. Markmont Classic and its 7075 counterpart, the Magnum Opus, are both amazing. The One Drop Overture is one of my all time faves.

I’ve also been loving:

• Atmos Cloudberry
  • Duncan Freehand AL1 (this one surprised me)
  • Luftverk 000
  • One Drop Parlay
  • One Drop Panorama
  • One Drop 54
  • RSO Derti
5 Likes

Agreed. Same opinion from me! The Koi is loads of fun and has a pretty unique feel and while I am not to the point where I want to take chances with it by carrying it in my pocket it’s a yoyo I look forward to throwing around after work. MK1 Contact and Few and Far Between Elysium are right up there. They are all organic but each has a unique personality.

3 Likes

Definitely can recommend the OST Confluence, it’s a great feeling yoyo and looks super clean, I have no idea why it’s not talked about. Happy cake day btw!

3 Likes

I grew up throwing almost entirely butterfly designs. When I returned to yoyoing, I picked up the Recess First Base and really enjoyed it.

That said, I pretty quickly decided to pick up a metal organic and went with the MK-1 Contact. You definitely owe it to yourself to try one.

I should qualify my statement with the caveat that I’m a beginner, but the Contact has been such a pleasant throw that my love for yoyoing has ignited like never before. I’m so glad that I picked one up. I’m having a blast with it and I can tell that it will always have a special place in my heart, wherever my yo-yo journey takes me.

4 Likes

@Jerm5462 another thing about the @MarkD Contact is that it can also be set up responsive with the included 1/2 spec bearing. Also another side note to the OP is that today’s response pads last a whole lot longer than the earlier generation Brake Pads and Friction Stickers.

2 Likes

At this point its all speculation and guessing. Everyone just giving their opinion. You won’t know until you start throwing what you do have and narrowing down fine personal tastes. Just about every throw is gonna be good with small differences that make them unique. If you are afraid to “ruin” a throw… a scratch or mark is only going to lower the price a tiny bit. 5-15 depending on yoyo and damage. If you completely ruin a yoyo, so what… who cares. Maybe a -few100$ nothing you have is some rare iconic masterpiece that is like - only throw if you dare- just throw what you have, use shorter string at first. Its all basically the same in the beginning

6 Likes

I recommend the Mk1 contact, as well. A great throw, which can be played responsive, or unresponsive. Looks beautiful, too.

4 Likes

I’m gonna be evil and necro this post. I didn’t get what I was hoping out of the boomer yoyo post a week ago and I don’t feel like owning my own post so ima steal this one and annoy OP.

What are some amazing must have high wall organics?

I have a torrent 2 on my list and eventually an Al freehand one and a 5050 im trying to pin down but other than that I’m at a loss. What should be on my list but isn’t in organic highway yo-yos today.

1 Like

Static co Sudo
OD Pano
MK1 Contact
YYf Koi
I also really like the saboteur. Ti Triton and Mowl obsession,as well but they’re not high wall

3 Likes

For varying definitions of “high wall”, these are still available new:

BoltXP, Bolt Part 2, Icarus.

Show Pony.

Diorama, Panorama.

Static Co. Wave.

2 Likes

Looks like we have revived a dead thread.
My favorites - Ti Triton production version. AfterLife, floatiest yoyo ive ever touched. MMC with ultralights.

So since this thread has been revived. Might I ask…? In all seriousness, what is it about organics that is appealing. I see the usual terms like how they are “floaty” or any other terms that are understood by many, but not me. What does it really translate to as far as play goes? I hear that they are not as geared toward performance and I can understand that. I was just hoping someone could explain in layman’s terms what is special about “the” organic yo-yo in your life.

2 Likes

hand comfort is big.

usually they are pretty solid for regens.

“float” is enjoyable but often the term is used for different feelings.

3 Likes

I do get hand comfort for sure. I love the way my Deep State plays, the weight and size are great but I’ve never been a fan of the feel in the hand. I’ve gotten used to it and enjoy it a lot. I also have a Butterfly AL that I love the feel of. In the hand it’s amazing. If only it had similar weight and play to the Deep State. I’m guessing that’s usually the dilemma.

1 Like

For myself the feedback from an organic shape is what draws me to them. Typically I gravitate towards a W (Edit: got my shapes wrong) shape because they look the coolest imo but every movement you make with an O reflects in your play. As soon as your hands aren’t level or you try to somersault with poor timing you’ll know. Hand comfort is a big plus!

3 Likes