What is the best yoyo

I totally disagree.

There has Always been a Best food.

1. A Double Cheeseburger

2. Personal preferences start here___________.

7 Likes

Ive never been more aligned with your thoughts than after reading your last two posts in this thread.

2 Likes

You’re The Best Around

2 Likes

It’s relative but the answer should be the C3 Hydrogen Crash.

4 Likes

I think you already figured out the answer to all your questions.

4 Likes

The best yoyo i have: Superstar Bimetal
The best yoyo i don`t have: Hideyoshi Sengoku

2 Likes

Guys the best YoYo is always the YoYo I don’t have yet! Acquisition disorder is real yall

6 Likes

“All yoyos are fun yoyos.”

Duncan Mosquito: sweats nervously

In all seriousness, there might be an objective “best” yoyo for certain categories, but these days it’s tough to find one that can’t handle literally every trick you can throw at it (or rather with it). If you had asked me this question 10-12 years ago, we would’ve had a very different discussion. Now, however, there are so many yoyo manufacturers producing crazy high-quality throws; most of what’s on the market today is in a different league from what I tried when I was younger. In many - if not most - cases, the differences today are negligible when it comes to performance. Whether the “feel” of said difference suits your tastes or not is another matter.

Soapbox warning.
I’ve come to believe than the hype about more costly designs (bimetals, hybrids, etc) being better performing yoyos is largely marketing. Do they perform better? Marginally, sometimes. There are good and less good bimetals like there are good and less good monometals. I’ve not played half as many throws as most on here, but I have tried five bimetals (three of which each retailed $100+ new), and I don’t think any of them objectively performed better than my monometal Czech Point Pivot. Were they different and neat to try? Sure. Were they capable? Yes, with slightly more practice, even the worst ones could’ve done as much as I can and way more. Am I saying they aren’t worth the money? Not necessarily. I understand these materials and production methods are more costly but will give you a different feel on the string than others can. What I am saying is that expensive yoyos aren’t better than cheap ones by any large margin and that you get diminishing returns after about $50-60, if not before.

Now, if you really enjoy feeling the nuances of each, then join the hundreds of collectors on the forum already doing just that. That’s just as big (if not a bigger) a side of the hobby as competing or trying to play on an advanced level. My point is, don’t get your hopes up too much and spend hundreds (or thousands) of dollars thinking that a different yoyo will make you better. There’s no substitute for practice.

This is a great thing! It means becoming a great player isn’t a goal locked behind a paywall. Here are some videos that I think reinforce the point well:

Evan nailing his nats routine on an Edge FS

Dylan Kowalski doing some 1A on a cheap old Yomega Saber Wing (not a 1A yoyo):

End Rant

Edit: One point I need to add - it’s probably best to stick to yoyos that have good reviews (and there are a LOT of reviews). If a company hasn’t “hyped” their own product and if the community has been pretty quiet about it, it could be due to QC issues or just outright not a great yoyo. Not usually much reason to risk it on one of the relatively few that hasn’t been thoroughly reviewed anyway. Just a rule of thumb!

4 Likes

Good Life Mantra.

I’m not sure but it’s probably a G2

2 Likes

The best yo-yo without controversy or any dispute has been know for many years to the professional and casual players around the world.

The best yo-yo is the one in your hand.
Any other yo-yo sitting on a table, shelf or box is just another pretty paper weight until it is in your hand or someone else’s that can throw.

That being said I have a couple hundred very beautiful yo-yo / paper weights at any one time.

I enjoy in the evening sometimes to throw the same trick with all of my throws. Just to feel the difference in each throw and attribute the ease or difficulty to the design aspects of the throw.

1 Like

I havnt tried it, but I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about the rain city skills dumpster fire, it looks crazy good and i have no idea why more competitors aren’t using this, it’s immaculate!

2 Likes

:ok_hand: What you’re talking about actually matches up pretty well with a short text I had ChatGPT write just today… Texts / Pictures about Yoyo - by AI

The one you can afford!

Sounds like an article about the yoyo community from a newspaper or something lol. AI is wild (and scary).

1 Like

The best yoyo to me right now is the FH One AL. Doubt you’d find many others with that opinion.

The best yoyo to me at one point was the Draupnir. At the time, a lot of people shared that opinion.

1 Like

The best yoyo huh? You’ve got a lot of good advice and choices…… but the best yoyo humm……
It has to be the yoyo that is in your hand! That’s where I keep my best yoyo….how about you?

1 Like

The best yo-yo is the one that keeps you interested in yo-yoing

4 Likes

Yesss I have recommended a few people IRL that if they’re gonna get into it to just set a budget and buy the coolest looking one in your price range. If you think it looks cool it makes you wanna pick it up more. At least that works for me!

2 Likes

I totally agree. I quickly fed it just a few sentences via microphone.

1 Like