What is bimetal styling?

So I’ve been gifted a wide angle shutter with bimetal styling, but am having a hard time figuring out exactly what this phrase means. Is this actually bimetal, or just have a mirror finished stripe on it? It definitely doesn’t feel like any of my current bimetal, but they lacked the word styling, so what’s up?

3 Likes

Nice throw nonetheless. Just confused on this word game.

Its basically what you said. The mirror finish is still aluminum, but it kinda looks like it could be a bimetal because of that, even tho its a monometal

4 Likes

Ty. Damn word games.
It’s a great yoyo, but the unfortunate wording contributed to this being a Wangle instead of a Butter.
Still I will play it with love though.

1 Like

They don’t officially call it that, it’s “polished rim” or something. The community calls it bimetal styling so blame them.

Personally I don’t find the term as confusing as other people seem to. Bimetal styling = made to look like a bimetal.

Edit:

@Mystik has shown me that I’m wrong, they do advertise it as bimetal styling.

3 Likes

Makes sense to me. But to the uninitiated, say…ones Aunt…

1 Like

3 Likes

I stand corrected.

And yeah it’s like asking for a game as a kid and getting it for Xbox instead of the PlayStation you own.

3 Likes

Still gonna love it. I was after this model as well so it’s like baby steps. Already had the standard. Wanted this for some 5a. Butter will come eventually.:wink:

1 Like

The styling is on point though. I received a exit 8 as well and both gift givers had very confused faces. Again, to the uninitiated it would appear they era the same😂

8 Likes

You got one of the limited edition ones too. There will be more butters but only 144 each of the black/silver, silver/black and orange/aqua were made.

4 Likes

But doesn’t it look sooo good?:scream::scream:

2 Likes

Hmmm…indeed.

1 Like

It does look very classy .minimal marks are a must

1 Like

The notion of “Bi-metal styling” was a topic of conversation here on the forum earlier this year.

2 Likes

Before I made the jump in. All too funny.

3 Likes

To be honest, the word play is more likely to make me avoid it.

3 Likes

Yeah it annoyed me at the time because I was butthurt that there wasn’t a bimetal Shutter on the horizon yet :joy:

3 Likes

I think the main problem was that the teaser photos had a lot of us convinced that it was the long awaited bimetal, all to be trolled with it just looking that way. Now that the butter is out and as good as imagined, I look back on that situation and laugh.

7 Likes