Gentry Stein 2019 US champion Shutters

i got this in a email for yyf

14 Likes

I want them all… hahaha.

Seriously they are all so impressive looking.

The orange/blue looks crazy spinning. Almost nickel plated - like the colors cancel each other out.

12 Likes

when they come out I think im going to get the blue to orange fade these things look so sick!!!

4 Likes

I like these but I am just not a fan of “bimetal styling” at all.

The teal to orange fade is quite cool but I have a teal/orange fade (the virtuoso) in my collection that looks kinda similar.

I am loving the black “laser etching” though!

7 Likes

I didn’t care for it at first either until I got SWA with it in a trade (I didn’t care about colorway) and I actually ended up really liking it. It looks super nice with the polished parts nice and shiny, and it looks even better while you’re playing it.

Edit: also that silver w/ black rims looks killer whether you like the other ones or not lol

7 Likes

The Kacper ones look great.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why is it called the “Champion” colorway? Gentry competes with aqua Shutters, not black/silver…

1 Like

Can you explain what makes the finishing technique different? I asked them on IG but I didn’t understand their explanation

2 Likes

Curious - first what did they tell you about it? :innocent:

2 Likes

“Difficulty only to this making it. It looks good right. That’s the goal.”

I tried reading it in an Australian accent and it still didn’t make sense.

7 Likes

Imagine the silver/black and black/silver half-swapped… That would look awesome.

3 Likes

Wow great idea. Would love to see some photos of half swaps when it comes out!

1 Like

Anyway, if it’s a new machine they got I assume it’s a modern fiber laser but if they figured out a way to do it with their C02 laser that’s pretty interesting

1 Like

I dunno man, worked for me. Are you sure you’re doing an Australian accent and not British?

6 Likes

The process is somewhat of their trade secret I feel like - from what I understand - its more than just a single laser process involved, etc. :wink:

Oh ok.

Hm interesting. My best guess would be some kind of controlled oxidation? Waiting for Ben to correct me haha. These look amazing!

This bothers me more than it should. LOL!

That being said I really like the silver with the black “bimetal styling” it looks really sharp.

2 Likes

Now this is the rare halfswap that I’m game with. Those two halves would look sweet together, I’m sure.

Yeah the silver with black is definitely the most interesting to me.

4 Likes