Bi-metal shutter confirmed

Gentry’s being sneaky :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

Saw that. Bi metal with tri metal styling, we need it.

Also where will they put the ring? I hope it’s not on the outside, that goes against what the shutter is supposed to be.

7 Likes

It’s only fair at this point

4 Likes

I don’t trust anyone until I hear YYF confirm that there is in fact a bi-metal Shutter :triumph:

5 Likes

Definitely don’t trust me; merely speculation.

5 Likes

I really don’t see what else it could be. Unless it really is a tri-metal lol. Or a 7068 Shutter WA Ultra. I’d actually love to see that as it could give Gentry the extra rim weight he apparently needs now without pushing the overall weight up like the World Champ WA.

Evan has at least 3 yo-yos at a premium price point, Gentry doesn’t even have one and is now a 2x World Champ. Nate Dailey even has the BiND. I think having your most visible player have a yo-yo at low, mid and high price points is a good move.

9 Likes

Lmao watch them make a bi-metal shutter with monometal styling

23 Likes

6061 body with 7068 rims and 7075 with bimetal styling

9 Likes

That’s a no go for me :joy:

2 Likes

That would be legit funny tbh.

8 Likes

That would be great. Do it like the BiND but anodize the ring cover the same color as the body.

12 Likes

Just like my gold Anomaly. If you didn’t know better, you’d think it was a monometal just from looking at it.

3 Likes

I love the idea. It’d totally throw some people off in a good way, rather than the reverse styling lol

4 Likes

There is… indeed; a Bi-metal Shutter. And it’s gonna blow the top of your head off; just above the ears.

Remember I said that.

13 Likes

Dang what next, then they will put the DV161616 into production to spite us all!

7 Likes

I’m not trusting it, probably Shutter WA Ultra or something, maybe he means how many types of metals there are. Like, 6061, 7075, 7068, etc Gentry doesn’t use Bi-metals so I don’t know why he would make one.

3 Likes

It’s odd to me that Gentry has never thrown a bi-metal, even in private play, just to play something different now and then.

5 Likes

I think when you get as good as him the fun is more what you can do with a yoyo than just the experience the yoyo itself gives.

He’s said that he likes to use the same yoyo so he can master using the shutter as much as possible.

I get what you mean though, variety is enjoyable for me.

4 Likes

He has. And I don’t think he minds them, his biggest issue is they’re more costly and he wants his throws to be affordable

3 Likes

These are regular rose gold shutters that ben was talking about during the after worlds stream with evan and gentry. Probably part of a shutter restock. Not bi metal shutter but I will cash out of there was a bi metal shutter.

2 Likes