Bi-metal shutter confirmed

Gentry, yoyo player of the people!

I think that between the Replay and the Shutter he satisfies the demand out there for affordable yoyos. I don’t think that having one “luxury” model, if you will, would be antithetical to the goal of having less expensive models out there for those who can’t afford high-end stuff.

2 Likes

No no, he is talking about the blue in the back.

I think its also a normal shutter. The wide angle polished, if it is different, is probably the new wide angle version with the extra 1.5 grams on the rim

1 Like

Agreed but I think Gentry just hasn’t been interested in putting out a boutique release aside from the Ti-Shutter. Really do hope he reconsiders that, though. I’d buy a bimetal Shutter in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty evident he isn’t (or hasn’t been) interested in it. I just find it puzzling since it seems to me he’s just leaving money on the table for no logical reason. I don’t understand why he (or anyone) would want to do that. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

He did say that he would make the bi metal shutter only if he needed the extra power.

2 Likes

Hmm. He didn’t need the extra durability of titanium, so I can’t fathom why he approved of that one… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Clearly he did since he changed it for worlds

1 Like

SHOTS FIRED :gun:

4 Likes

Bi-metal shutter confirmed guys

15 Likes

I want that

1 Like

Lmao, Gentry Steen.

5 Likes

There’s a reason you can’t see the center:

It’s got a small area of gold plating to celebrate him as world champion.

That new process YYF developed to engrave black onto a silver finish also can do black on a gold finish.

4 Likes

i predict they will do a small run, like the ti shutter

1 Like

I dont know bout that one, a bi shutter will sell so much

2 Likes

but… did he wanna play nerf guns?

10 Likes

:confused:

17 Likes

noooooo

5 Likes

ouch.