What did you get in the mail this week (2013-2018)

;D Prodigy

Got this beast in the mail today:

Imgur

Came with some awesome extra goodies as well, Thanks Y!

I got a black Regen in a trade, and it arrived today. Very nice.

Pictured here with my Replay Pro, picked up locally last week.

I got a brand new YYF Ricochet that for some reason was damaged. Has a scratch around the entire cup and on the same side has 2 chips in the titanium. Very surprised that a limited and numbered throw made it through quality control with this kind of damage. To add insult to injury, a day after I ordered it the site decided to put it on sale for 20% off. Sweet! Not from YYE of course. Hoping I can just return for a refund cause they said they can’t replace it due to no more blue ones available.

That really sucks.

Thankfully, the good people at YoYoFactory will credit the vendor which will get my cash refunded. Sucks though, I was hoping to have a matching set cause I funded the Dream Titanium project. Super excited for that one.

Today, I received the following:
OD Y-Factor (really comfy yoyo, may throw a centering bearing on it though as the string likes to rub response pads)
Yoyofficer Musket (another comfy throw)
Galaxy Horizon (These look absolutely amazing, and this yoyo is huge!)
3-in-one No Jive
Tmbr Baldwin

Made it tough to pick which yoyo to take with me to my break as my package just came in before my break. Ended up taking the Y-factor for it’s maiden throw.

Irony GBA hardcoat and Code 1 in dragon slayer (I think?). Wasn’t looking for either one really, but I really only traded some of mine that I rarely throw. So I’m happy with it, because I know the ones I traded will be put to better use, and I’m getting to try two new shapes that are outside my usual preferences.

The GBA really makes me want a JPX now though…I was unsure of the Irony shape before, but I really like it now that I’ve thrown one.

Too hot delivered while I was at work. Finally got home to whip this bad boy out. First in responsive throw. Basically a new player since the last time I played with a yoyo was when I was a kid. Farthest I got was man on a trapeze. Really makes me respect how amazing you throwers really are.

Imgur

=]

iYoYo Steel! Beautiful! and plays like glas! Everyone needs one of these! Really impressed

Imgur

That looks amazing.

Here is everything I got today.
Plus a legend card from the trading card pack

A galaxy shutter, finally!

Yesterday- some string samples, lube, and a Dash - that I didn’t open because they sent me the wrong color so I’m sending it back.

But today was really a good day:

Imgur

I can’t believe how nice this thing feels. Just HOLDING it, makes me smile. Oh, and it plays dang smooth too, I’m kind of amazed.

I just started playing with an 8 year old Pyro for about 2 weeks, before that I’ve only ever thrown responsive yoyos. I was making slow progress with the pyro, but I was figuring things out well enough. Binding was still a problem sometimes- it’d just slip out or I’d miss the timing or whatever, and it was making learning a bit less enjoyable, cause even if I get a trick, I was still ending up hand-winding a lot if I blew the bind and lost speed.

The 54 is like an entirely different experience. I don’t know it its cause its new, and it will get slipperier over time, but binds instantly, and comes back fast! NOW I think I understand a little more about all this unresponsive business.

The only thing the pyro has on this one so far is the flames designs in the catch area make it grind really nice. I can do it with the Tangerine Dream here, but not as fast or as long yet.

Whew, man… feels like a whole new game. 8)

I got some birthday cards in the mail this week with some money

Today : “Space Buds” Echo 2

Yesterday : A photo of my great-uncle pitching in the minor leagues (circa 1938). He was 17, dropped out of school and trainhopped to the nearest ballpark for a tryout. What a life man.

Imgur

=]. The hype is justified.

Edit: Apart from the Draupnir itself being amazing… Holy crap, this NSK DS bearing is pretty slick. Smoothest bearing out of the box that I’ve played, hands down.

Totally

ODxILYY Sakura SE came in today. Man is this a fun throw. Gorgeous little throw

Imgur