What did you get in the mail, 2022?

Sorry about time delayed response from me, had no power most of yesterday and was limiting my phone use.

The AL is a modern responsive beast, though it feels a little heavy on the string for doing 0a stuff like kickflips. I still use it for a mix of both styles. It’s super pocket friendly. I prefer the slim responsive bearing for its snappiness, but the wide flat is good if I want to do more string layers(just gotta keep it well lubed or greased)

I haven’t played the unresponsive set up yet, but I can agree with what @mable has said on this thread

The AL that I just got in came with a really nice looking 10 ball slim c bearing too.
I can’t remember ever getting anything different than 8’s before.

5 Likes

Today was a very special day for me. After waiting over a month due to shipping delays, this arrived…

31 Likes

Noah has arrived from across the pond!

30 Likes

Great mailday! AL7 Marvel, Coffin Painted Slam Dunk, and an Unknown Inception.

32 Likes

Watching How To Be a Player Vol. 1 got me going on some Dunan people/things. Coincidentally, right after I ordered the book, @Modern_yoyos mentioned it on the very cool Kill Your Yoyo podcast, so it’s got to be good.

23 Likes

3 custom @RC_yo-yo fixies just came today!

32 Likes

You won’t be disappointed. Super interesting book! I’m actually about to dive into a re-read :smiley:

3 Likes

I have that too. There’s supposed to be an updated version coming…supposedly out mid-2019. I preordered it on amazon but there are no status updates.

2 Likes

When I first saw the Blackout Valhalla, I knew I had to have it. I didn’t have a bimetal before this, and I was super hyped for this drop. Alarms set on multiple devices, accounts and addresses all set up, payment info saved to browser. Sure enough, I missed the drop but the yoyo gods were smiling down on me that day.

This thing really is awesome, and I love how well the black tones match between the body and rings.

I held out for a long time on the bimetal train, but I now understand why they’re so popular lol

28 Likes

It was an okay mail day. I’m going to go bust open the bottle of champagne I’ve been saving now.

36 Likes

Lookin fresh

1 Like

Not a mailday, but I saw one of these at Target a while ago and didn’t get it, then didn’t see them back in stock until today. Had to get one to see what it’s all about.

17 Likes

My first Kendama was the Target Sweets one. Surprisingly good little toy

4 Likes

I’m actually a kendama player myself btw :grin: my collection mostly consists of Krom kendamas and the quality is very nice as well. and I also picked up a sweets kendama too at target and I would definitely recommend it for someone who’s getting to learn kendama. It’s a very good beginner model in my opinion but can also handle a few complex tricks as well

1 Like

40 Likes

Looks like we both got some grails today, looks awesome! Hope you love it.

2 Likes

You too man! You got some really lovely yoyos today. I hope you treasure them.

3 Likes

A grail day for many of us. Myself included.

36 Likes

Added a couple more. Butterfly AL and a Topyo Mojo. Now I just need the YYF Atom Smashers I ordered to get here.

19 Likes

My wallet said not to do it.
My girlfriend said not to do it.
My own brain said not to do it.

But… I did it. And I couldn’t be happier.

There is no best yoyo, as yoyos are like food - it’s too subjective. However… those that have tried and owned one of these things don’t call it the best for no reason. Happy to give this classic beauty a great new home.

41 Likes