What are you doing today?

Oh wow, I haven’t seen many home spinners attempt fades. I haven’t even seen very many professional string makers attempt fades, come to think of it.

I bet it was a tedious, yet rewarding process. It’s neat that you broke out of the standard style, they look cool man.

4 Likes

Right, but there are several different brands of “wooly” thread. YLI labels theirs and wooly nylon. Gutterman labels theirs as “bulky nylon” and “Maxilock stretch” is their equivalent. I’ll have to look into the Ali express stuff just to see!

@smileypants707 has this great write up discussing the differences between the brands.

3 Likes

I just know I buyed standard thread(torsion) of 100D/2 thickness haha. They were susprisingly cheap so I wanted to try some

2 Likes

Thanks man! I definitely to your advice, and have been reducing a good bit further than I used to and it has work out great!
The fades aren’t super tedious, they just take a good bit longer to make. Definitely worth making a few if you have the patience! It’s extremely rewarding when they come out nice

3 Likes

Nylon is definitely a little tricky at first, but super nice once you get a formula figured out!

2 Likes

I’ll send you some GREEN nylons that will blow your mind!

8 Likes

I definitely almost bought some green with my last purchase, just for @twitch77 but ended up not pulling the trigger… sorry twitch lol

6 Likes

@Jhammond93

/UNFRIENDED
/UNSUBSCRIBED
/BLOCKED
/THUMBS DOWNED

:angry:

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: I’ll scoop some up next time I buy thread lol. I just don’t have any yo-yos that would look good with green string. But I guess I should fix that :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I was able to get my toddler sufficiently distracted by Paw Patrol to cook dinner in peace for once. Ate three burger patties right in front of the stove, like an animal. Now I get to make sure he eats while we wait for our Matriarch to return.

7 Likes

Nice man, glad it worked :blush:

I’ll give them a go one of these days!

3 Likes

I’ve gotten a lot of stuff done over the weekend. Feels good to do this whole ‘adulting’ thing once in awhile! lol
Bills taken care of, important phone calls made, appointments set up, applications filled out, a super cool cover letter typed up I’m really proud about…my driver’s license just expired and am waiting for my local dmv to open here shortly so I can call to set up an appointment…went shopping yesterday and actually came home with stuff other than junk food and toys! haha…laundry detergent (tide pods FTW), trash bags, some new pots.

I like feeling on top of things.

…Also, I really miss my mom! She was the backbone in my life. She did SO much for me. She was always making my phone calls for me, setting up appointments and keeping track of when they were, taking me shopping, helping me to pay my bills.
Love you mom! You meant so much to me!! <3

10 Likes

Did this last night

Swapped the shell from baby blue to translucent black. Fun little project, I didn’t break anything! Haha

19 Likes

I would be way to scared to do this to my beloved SP. Nice work though, looks good!

Is that FireRed I see in there?

3 Likes

It’s a pretty straightforward process tbh. If you have the tenacity to learn medium/advanced yoyo tricks, this should be a cake walk. Shell was only $12 and it came with the appropriate size drivers.

And it is Pkmn Ruby!

4 Likes

Way to go. Keep it up @twitch77! It feels good to be on top of yo game!

3 Likes

I should have known, I’ve played through Ruby at least 5 times! As much as I loved the original games, Ruby was by far my my fave.

3 Likes

I never had a GB when I was a kid (well, not for longer than like a month. I broke it and never got another one). So now I have one when I’m 28! Haha, it’s pretty neat.

4 Likes

I did the same from a Flame Red AGS-101, but I put mine into a SpongeBob shell :stuck_out_tongue: lol.

I amassed a number of GameBoys, all models, a few years ago and cleaned/restored them. I sold most, but I kept one of each model and a janky GameBoy Macro I made.

My white whale Pikachu Edition GBC that I had in 5th grade still eludes me. I want one with a backlight and charging mod, but I don’t think it’ll ever happen. Sad now.

4 Likes

The gameboy advance blew my mind! I remember having a game magazine that had images of what some of the games were going to look like when the system released and I was so super hyped.
And I loved it! It was as amazing as I’d hoped!!
Then the sp came out and I got it the day it came out. What a game changer! The lighted screen changed everything. Lord only knows how many hundreds of hours I put into that thing!

Sometimes I think of tracking another down and buying a bunch of games or it…but I have a ps vita that I use for emulations that I love.

4 Likes