What are you doing today?

Just ordered the Aqua/Orange Fade Shutter Wide Angle.

3 Likes

The dreaded DIY.
I always remember one time when the pubs shut at 2 on a sunday. A quick i’ll just fix that to the wall diy job. it was 11.45 and i drilled through a cable hidden in the wall ahhhhhhhhhhh.

3 Likes

Care to share details?

George Smiley

Never heard of him, but he sounds like a really great guy. Anyone named Smiley is bound to be pretty cool :smirk: :wink:

In all seriousness though, George Smiley was my grandpa’s name.

2 Likes

cool name

1 Like

Forgot to mention… Today
Reattaching the swanneck section of rainwater downpipe to the gutter. By dangling out of the upper story window with a stick balancing on the cill while hanging on to the wall with my other hand.

Shopping usual cat food, toilet paper etc etc.

Drinking rum with dandilion & burdock

1 Like

George Smiley = British spy, the books are set in the 1960 / 70’s.

As for the diy, I removed a 1930’s metal window frame that sat within another wooden frame and now I’m having to clean up and shape the wooden frame to accept a new woodwork.

3 Likes

Got around to making some strings today!

8 Likes

Those look great man! Especially digging the teal/black, orange/black and the blue/white!
Have you tested them out yet?

2 Likes

Not yet, although I’ve got a formula that works great for me! The blue white, and orange black are fades! I’ll post a picture in a minute

Edit: thanks btw!

4 Likes

Those look great!I have some nylon thread on the way to do some strings myself haha

2 Likes

It’s a pretty addicting facet of our hobby! What nylon do you use?

3 Likes

I’ve never tried nylon!I purchased some 100D/2(standard thickness) wooly nylon thread to try some. I’m kind of interested on how people debscribe it, but nylon string are usually expensive, so I wanna see if I can get some good result doing them myself haha.

2 Likes

I just tried nylon for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It’s a poly/nylon blend that One Drop makes and damn I love the stuff!
I’m really interested in trying a pure nylon blend out at some point soon’ish.

3 Likes

10 Likes

I am, too. I use kitty fat, but I want to try something more slick and better for whips. Already got lots of poly threads so I’ll be trying some blend and pure nylon when it arrives in a few weeks haha.

2 Likes

That looks so clean. Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Oh wow! Those are honestly some of the coolest looking strings I’ve seen! I’ve never seen fades like that on a string before!

2 Likes

What brand wooly is it? Just curious, I’ve tried gutterman, maxilock, and YLI. I personally have had a hard time with the YLI, but have loved the other 2. I just like how soft they feel honestly! Sooo smooth and silky! Plus my wrist appreciates the little bit of bounce they give the string.

3 Likes

Thank y’all! The fades are definitely awesome, but kind of a pita to make :sweat_smile: probably why we don’t see many of them.

2 Likes

Wooly is a kind of nylon thread, not a brand. I ordered it from AliExpress since I can’t find them on local shops haha.
When I did poly I used an unknown brand and Gutterman. I got good results, but it was so much time compsuming and I got something similar to kitty, so it is not profitable at all. Since nylon strings are expensive, I’ll try to make them so I can save some bucks haha.

2 Likes