What are you currently listening to?

Very sad lyrics about war heroes… “forgotten by a state in whose war his leg he gave…”

1 Like

Yeah that’s always been one of my favourites. I think that Static was my favourite Joykiller album but the compilation they did was actually really good too because it captures the best bits of all their albums and some bonus tracks in one, the songs that didn’t make the cut weren’t really worth bothering with for the most part.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

:cry: RIP

5 Likes
1 Like

This one was originally written by Tom T. Hall but I like this one better.

1 Like

Right now nothing but mfdoom

RIP

3 Likes
8 Likes

Esperanza Spalding has an album called “Exposure” that she and her band wrote and recorded over three consecutive days. I have a signed CD, and accompanying this album is a disc labeled “Undeveloped,” in which is a practice/rehearsal run she did to prepare for the main album. It is so cool; unfinished in a punctual way, like a musical journal. If you can find it, I’d say it’s worth a listen!

1 Like

a fine dessert if prepared correctly

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

Lotta Townes Van Zandt lately
Currently getting into Modest Mouse, great band wish I woulda given them a chance earlier

2 Likes

I’ve always heard the DAC version of hello in there, didnt know john wrote it

You gotta check out the 79 Joni band perform coyote, with Jaco and pat methenys band it’s pretty magical

Wearing out Joni Mitchell records was what drove me to getting a CD player for the stereo way back when. I saw her live with the LA Express, it was amazing.

1 Like

We saw Matthew Sweet in a little bar when his original song set wasn’t long enough to make a decent evening of it, so after the album promo set he did Buffalo Springfield covers and stuff like that. The amazing thing was that his performance was flawless and his band absolutely killed it, always a tell when live is as good or better than the album.

3 Likes