What are you currently listening to?

Although this will probably get censored, the track Sex Machine is great. (It’s instrumental and just has a dumb name.)

4 Likes

Yeah man I stumbled across the Ross Capicchioni track on YouTube and I just had to take a deeper look, funny thing is the remixes I discovered last somehow and I was like, I hope this dude blows up. :smiley:

1 Like

I keep playing MM FOOD by MF DOOM, the instrumentals are all so memorable

1 Like

Been listening to the group Mandolin Orange a ton lately, can’t get enough of them.

House music with a twist.
The twist being that it is actually being played by an orchestra.
It’s the go to tunes in the car atm.

Be enthroned- Jeremy Riddle <3

Just discovered Greta van Fleet.

If you like rock and roll even in the slightest you have got to check this out. Its a young and pretty new band but they are bringing rock back to live!

1 Like

I have been watching quite a lot of Daniel Johnston videos on youtube after hearing of his passing. Man what a sweet creative soul he was.

1 Like

masterpiece.

1 Like

If you like them there’s another band you should check out… Led Zeppelin. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

wutang 36 chambers
meat katie bedrock breaks 01

2 Likes

Listening to a summertime vibes mix I made of favorite rap tracks from this past year or so…

Playboi Carti - Kid Cudi
Lil Uzi Vert - Free Uzi
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Crime Pays
YG feat. Valee & Boogie - I Was on the Block
Injury Reserve feat. Rico Nasty & Pro Teens - Jawbreaker
Tyler, The Creator - Earfquake
Playboi Carti - Molly/No Stylist (live youtube rip)
Valee & Chasethemoney - Humbug
Rico Nasty (prod. Harry Fraud) - Relative
Earl Sweatshirt - The Mint
Gunna & Lil Baby - Drip too Hard
YG feat. Tyga & Job Z - Go Loko
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib feat. Pusha T & Killer Mike - Palmolive
Pusha T & Lauryn Hill - Coming Home

Unsolicited commentary from moi: Holy smokes that Pusha T & Lauryn Hill ends the summer as far as I’m concerned - it came out of nowhere. “Go Loko” is probably the dumbest song here but I can’t deny it’s summer appeal. Babyvoice Playboi Carti is ridiculous but probably my favorite development in rap music lately…and the “Kid Cudi” track’s synth sample is undeniable. I love Rico but most of her stuff is too aggro for summer vibes - but hey her feature on “Jawbreaker” is pretty killer, and the track produced by Harry Fraud (“Relative”) is all summer chill (love Fraud’s productions but he’s not paired with enough good rappers). Weird that I saw comments on “Free Uzi” (when it first came out) that it wasn’t good - what the heck - his fast flow is so good on this. Was a bit disappointed by the Runnin’ Rich mixtape, but this newish Valee track “Humbug” is the Valee I want to hear - ice cold flows over robot sounding electronic soundscapes. Earl’s “The Mint” might be my track of the summer because it sounds like humidity, all slow and laconic and hazy, but with Earl dropping gems in his sly way as usual. “Drip Too Hard” came out last year but it was the end of the summer and I didn’t get a chance to play it enough then.

2 Likes

i get the wolverine blues myself every now and again

2 Likes

As a Zeppelin fan I finally listened to Greta van Fleet out of curiosity, having heard they were a Zeppelin rip off. I was expecting this to be exaggerated, but wow are they a direct emulation. I’m actually fine with this, as I’d prefer pseudo Led Zeppelin to most of current music. (I don’t listen to a lot of current music, and aren’t being critical; it’s just not that interesting to me.)

It’s all about following The Left Hand Path for me.

1 Like

“I’m gonna take my horse to the old town road…”

I first heard them around a year ago or so. They are a band that formed somewhat locally (Frankenmuth Michigan, I’m an hour or so away) so an alt rock station put them in their rotation. I was also surprised how much they sounded exactly like Led Zeppelin. I realized though that it didn’t bother me at all because… well… I really like Led Zeppelin. :slight_smile:

Edit- I just saw a commercial for a new Damon/Bale movie called Ford v Ferrari. Greta van Fleet’s “highway tune” was the song playing!

1 Like

Nothing beats a bit of Goatwhore on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
3 Likes

Is naptime up in here.

1 Like