What are you currently listening to?

Gotta love The Byrds!!! Reminded me of the cover of “Eight Miles High” by Husker Du. One of my favorite songs of all time.

6 Likes

Well, Johnny Cash never shot a man in Reno, and Ice Cube never had to use an AK. They are all storytellers. And they’re all really good. I’ve heard the same comment about CCR quite a bit, but I don’t understand why they mentioned more often than others in that complaint

2 Likes

I LOVE Johnny Cash. He could write stories about horrible killers and make you feel for them. Not the killing part, just the human who screwed up. He was world class and I have a lot of his albums. His last records have some of his best material.

4 Likes

Slowed down Jolene, that’s my jam

You think the choice of Freebird by Nagao was next level, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. My 2018 worlds routine will be to this song.

9 Likes

Yes, I think that Rick Rubin was great with Johnny’s final recordings in the American series

3 Likes

Oh yes I adore those two! I’m assuming you also dig the first Flying Burrito Brothers album too? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The first Led Zeppelin album

I have just realised this came out over 50 years ago! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Yes, I certainly do.

2 Likes

audio

1 Like

Workingman’s dead

8 Likes

Today, Minor Threat. :smiley:

8 Likes

“Casin” by glue70

2 Likes

Bassnectar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

alsosome Eastern Trap

4 Likes

I never expected THAT to pop up here!!! One of my favorite bands! I have a bootleg live CD from 1982, I think. I’m a person just like you but I’ve got better things to do… I still listen to Flex Your Head and the Void / Faith split record a dozen times a year.

4 Likes

To everyone enduring the winter…the greatest summertime song ever…

6 Likes

Chadia Rodriguez - Fumo bianco

1 Like

Glad you liked that! My musical tastes are all over the place. I started listening to hardcore/punk during the early 1980’s. From time to time I still listen to Agnostic Front, Misfits, Black Flag and Dead Kennedys among others.

5 Likes

Me too. Got into punk in 1985.

3 Likes

I flipping love The Dead however it is such a shame that they only managed to record just two actually completely solid studio albums, the rest are patchy! But then as any Deadhead knows, it is live where they shone most brightly :smiley:

5 Likes

Another Dead Head! What’s up man! haha

The live performances are kind of hit or miss for me, some of them were epic while others were meh

2 Likes