What are you currently listening to?

Fools Rhythm. Thanks, Gearbox. Wubalubadubdub.

Love Blind Guardian. Saw them in Indianapolis almost 10 years ago. Great show.

Kiss - Alive

1 Like

3 Likes

That’s a real good one! Underrated.

2 Likes

Been on an Unleash the Archers kick for a while now.

1 Like

Sting, Seven Days
10 points for finding the reference to a yoyo in this song.

2 Likes

Ive been listening to mainly he H3 podcast, and some John bellion as well

Charles Haycock stand up.

wow thanks for a throw back for me.

1 Like

this genre of music has been stuck in my head ever since my friend showed me about 2 weeks ago.
would be great to see someone throw to this in the background.

True story, when I was a kid I was fairly certain he was saying “Mr. Mozambique”

1 Like

2 Likes

Saw Voivod last night, recorded a song. Love this band.

2 Likes

Woah I forgot about HIL. That’s a pretty solid playlist you’ve got there buddy :wink:

I. Am. HOLLYWOOD

1 Like

Speaking of that playlist, ive seen Lamb of God numerous times and am in the crowd (visible when Randy jumps into the pit) on the Killadelphia live recording.

1 Like

Cool man. I used to frequent metal shows when I was younger, haven’t been to one in ages.

I’ve seen Veil of Maya three times live back when they had Brandon, they were one of my favorite bands to see live.

I also saw Between the Buried and Me and animals as leaders. That was probably the craziest show I got to witness, mainly because both of those bands have and insanely Technical and long-winded Style. What was so crazy about it was that they nailed the life performance. It was almost as if I was hearing the studio version.

I love all kinds of metal, but that’s one of my biggest standards that I hold bands to. Anyone can make epic sounds in a studio, but reproducing those sounds in a live atmosphere really shows just how talented some of these bands actually are.

I have kind of a love-hate relationship with Mastodon for this reason. I love their earlier albums, but they sound like ■■■■ live.

2 Likes

Nice. Im not tied down with kids yet so I can still go, and take any opportunity I can that im not working or otherwise busy. This was my first in 3 months and I feel deprived (my friend and I were going like once a week since the summer until no good tours came around over the winter). Unfortunately im going to get a job soon where the schedule wont be very accommodating for shows.

I saw both (BTBAM was meh, I dont listen to them though), and Animals as Leaders were really great. I remember we were basically just doing some random drunk tribal-type dances in the pit, and it was just a killer time. Would definitely see them again if they come around.

Quite honestly most bands have been stepping up their game. At least in the underground. It has been a long time since ive seen a band who just failed to impress, and id say that maybe 10-15 years ago it was like 50/50.

Im going to agree, but my experience was different. The first time I saw them in 2006 they sounded really good; they were powerful and majestic, and were a force to behold. Was always an on the fence fan, but they delivered. The last time I saw them (~10 years later) a few years ago, there was just no energy at all. The old songs sounded passionless, and the new stuff just isnt for me.

1 Like