what are some of your other hobbies?

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:50,topic:57080”]

Do you like swords?

[quote=“WildCat23,post:61,topic:57080”]

Like them?? I guess sure… I really don’t have an opinion either way… I do have a rather “ok” pocket knife collection though.

I do LOVE sword fighting in the movies and on TV though.

AND if they are the electric kind that light up… I REALLY like those!!!

Yes, they are hollow points.  I shoot them at targets.  If a hollow point hit someone, it would disrupt more tissue as it travels through the target, but it would also be more likely to stay within it’s intended target, than hit an innocent bystander in the process.  It doesn’t look evil to me…it just looks like a gun.  To each his own.  :slight_smile:

This is where I shoot…sorry about the music, someone had a radio going.  The trailer on the immediate right is where I load up.  The shed on the right is where I get the targets, eye and ear protection.  I walk up to the right toward the metal targets, you can see some of them.  When you hit those metal plates, they fall back.  You can hit them all in a row and ping, ping, ping, ping…knock 'em down.  They were not being used, so they are pushed over to the side.  Then, I walk up toward a few of those bottle targets still up from a prior session.  You’ll hear me kick an empty shell haha…not that tidy at that time.  You will see the yardage marked on the ground.  Sorry…it’s a cell phone video, I’m glad I took some footage and saved it.  :slight_smile:

That one looks sick…and that guy is sharp with it too.

[quote=“mgiroux77,post:60,topic:57080”]

Well, I’d be3 the old guy :o I’m actually 44. Young at heart though. I plan to get down there at some point.

It’s tough right now. I have a full time day job, and a start up business on the side, so I am working crazy hours, and I spend the weekends either playing poker or completely crashing. I’ve been keeping an eye out.

I’m actually originally from Western MA, home of YYE. Next itme I go back to visit the family in the fall, I plan to stop by.

Music , pokemon , tinkering , sports and archery

I’m starting some XCM

XCM is just a different name for card flourishing or cardistry…

yeah I know haha

I shoot as well. I mostly shoot long range precision rifles, actually not only do I like to shoot them I build them too. Mostly tactical bolt guns (not so much into the benchrest stuff). I generally like to shoot steel at 1000+ yds. Right know I mostly shoot .308s but would like to get into a 6.5x47 lapua build (just a dream as of now).

I also enjoy building cars. In the process of building a supra as of now. 2jzgte swap hopefully. :slight_smile:

Those are my main hobbies other than yo-yoing. I also enjoy bass fishing, just can’t really find the time to do it.

Archery. Guitar trumpet Dota 2.

I really want to get into long range shooting like that, but don’t have access to that kind of range in new england. :frowning:

I’m very jealous.

Shooting, archery, hunting, fishing, baseball, mens volleyball, Xbox, and building things. Expensive after a while…

Fixed it :stuck_out_tongue:

You said baseball twice O_o
Edit: wow, good 1000th post =/ lol

i like archery bike riding video gaming music i play the electric bass gutar and im learning to play acustic

Oh man, I’ve got into more hobbies than I remember.

I longboard, scooter (and no, not those foldy scooters you see 5 year olds ride, we have higher end scooters), archery (compound; back tension release), piano (ever since I was 4!), clarinet, make video game montages, video game, make paracord bracelets, kendama, and I speed cube!

As for speedcubing - my fastest is 17 seconds, and average about 20 seconds.

my record is 13 but my average is 26 haha

Nice! I average 15 and I still can’t break sub 10… But 13 is incredibly good for your average. I couldn’t break sub 20 until I averaged 21!

whistles
That’s a nice avg, haha.
I’m sure I’d break sub 20 for an avg, but I just haven’t had the time to learn OLL and PLL, and especially since I’m way overdue for practice, hahaha.

EDIT! :slight_smile:
I decided to show you my little collection :wink:
My favorites are the ones lined up blue and green on the left - All from Dayan, ranging from Guhong, Zhanchi, and Panshi.

That’s more than I have… My dad understands multiple yoyos. After years of pounding it into his head he gets it. But NOW he doesn’t see why I need more than 1 3x3, 1 4x4, etc.