what are some of your other hobbies?

I like to scooter… :stuck_out_tongue:
I play sports, ripstik, Kendama, yes I do scooter… But otherwise yeah. That’s mostly it. :slight_smile:

mpc, hp taekwondo, pennyboarding and designing clothes

I enjoy shooting too Dingo. I have bad eyes and weak hands, but I’m great at it :smiley: For me, it’s all in the breathing and the slow trigger pull, not just sight alignment. So, when you shoot…what gun model do you use?

.22 lol

I mostly use a .22 too. Mines really nice. Cherry stock, thumbhole grip, adjustable trigger pull. I can just tap the trigger to fire, great for accuracy. I also like shooting AR-15, but that gets a little expensive at 1$ per round lol. My dad put an eotech holographic site on it, and its really nice. I just recently got a shotgun and ive been enjoying skeet shooting a lot. I must say though, I hate shooting my dads ak. No accuracy, and quite the pain to clean because of how dirty they get.

My .22 looks very similar to this, with a shorter bipod and a different scope. http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2013/04/03/1389530_01_savage_mark_ii_btv_22lr_thumb__640.jpg

I was kidding lol

The first gun I ever shot was an SVT40

Nothing wrong with .22’s though. Super cheap ammo, and unless you get the >200$ ones they shoot nice. Its funny when I can outshoot my dads ar with a 500$ scope with a .22

True. I agree 100%

Magic, Acting, Singing, and a bit of Stand-up Comedy.

Looks awesome. When I shoot, it’s almost always my Glock 23. I love hitting metal targets, because when you hit them, they fall down and you hear that nice “ping!” Paper targets are boring. Here’s one I did recently, they’re all in the bottle, but it was a a bit sloppy that day…not the best one to get a photo of. This one hit mostly right in the midsection. The two holes on the bottom edge are how the target is made…not shots. I shoot right handed, but shot a few of these lefty. My shots generally veer left though. I should compensate for that.

That looks pretty nice! How many yards?

I usually shoot my .22 at 125 with this target http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/primary/426/426631.jpg

I just got to shoot a few days ago because our range was on the way to the reds game we went to. My range is really nice but its 2 hours away near my old house and there is only a pistol range for cops around here.

Speedcubing, card magic and flourishing, contact juggling, choral anything, mixing music, photography, animation, cinematography, video editing, special effects, playing in orchestra… Yeah. My life is busy…

so you yoyo and shoot guns… livin the dream bro, livin the dream… :wink: haha sounds cool though

Yeha and like is aid I’ve started throwing knives as well. I’m currently waiting one 3 really nice ones but I’m worried they will come while I’m in Florida :frowning:

That is at 20 yards, but I was taking my time. Sometimes, I just tack a paper plate onto that target and try to just get them in there. It takes a lot out of you. I’ve used a shotgun, but find it cumbersome and not as enjoyable. Maybe with practice I’d like it. I can’t even remember the model of shotgun I used…but I can find out. At my range, we play games, and sometimes do a shooting relay. You line up, run up…shoot down the metal target, then when it’s down the next one on your team goes. You do that side by side with the other team. The first to have all the team finish the routine…wins. It’s nice to shoot prone too…lying down…weird, but nice.

As a fellow shooter (mostly rifles) I too love shooting sttel. My local range has steel targets hung at 200 and 300 yards. I love shooting at the 9" steel plate at 300 yards. It takes so long for the bullet to get there that there is a pause between the boom and the ping that I really find enjoyable.

I’m lucky, the range is 10 minutes from where I work, so if I’m having a stressful day, I can jump in the car, drive down, shoot for 20 minutes, run back to the office (smelling of gunpowder) and go back to work refreshed.

For shooting 300 yards I have a 5.56 semi-auto Robinson Arms XCR. For shooting a little shorter range, and for fun, I have a savage BSEV .22lr that I had accurized. It is a great little gun. I can put 10 shots through a hole you can cover with a dime at 25 yards, and you can cover it with a quarter at 50. So much fun, and so cheap to shoot.

When I get a job me and my dad want to try and buy a legit Thompson, but they are around 20,000, which is inane. My uncle recently won an ar-15 in a raffle, but he doesn’t have anything to aim with yet.

I considered a full auto. Here’s the thing, even if you can afford one, you’ll rarely be able to afford to shoot it unless you’re seriously loaded, or seriously committed to spending all your disposable income on ammo.

Shooting a full auto 5.56, at .30/round, is $9/magazine (I think the ammo is more than that these days). That $9 will last about 6 seconds. Go through 10 mags, and you’ve spent $90 on about a minute of shooting time. I’m just not sure how often a typical shooter can afford a fun day at the range with a full auto.

I looked into an American180. Found one for around $7k. Would be cheap to shoot, at .04 per round. Decided against it as they are tough to keep running well.

The funny thing is, that before Dingo mentioned shooting, I didn’t even think of it as a “hobby.” I don’t do it regularly enough, several times a year, but not really on a regular basis, so I didn’t even think to list it. Here’s the pistol I spoke of:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5348/9397157389_b3b6ba18cb_z.jpg
Glock&AC3 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

1 Like

Yay! Another person who is interested in magic. Do you make videos?