Unpopular Yoyo Opinions

I don’t think this is even controversial though man :wink:

Good news is their new stuff is getting quite good, the Grasshopper GTX is :fire:

7 Likes

Yeah I’ve just looked into it and it is in contention for being the next yo-yo I purchase along with the BiND and I’m definitely snagging a Neo-Genesis though because I’m still operating in like 2011-12 in my head and (unpopular opinion, see my reply is still on topic) to me the Genesis is the greatest yo-yo of all time.

The amount of new stuff is pretty overwhelming to me and I’ve been out of the loop so long that I’m not sure what I might enjoy most out of all the newer (which to me is like the past 5 years lol) yo-yos.

3 Likes

Did you ever use any YYRs back in the day?

1 Like

Nah they were more of a niche company from what I can recall, as were C3 and turning point.

Edit: at this point though I’m not really looking for anything unique or with a special feel or anything like that though, I’m really just interested in stuff that plays out of its mind.

1 Like

Are you buying a Ti-Vader? You must’ve heard of the Ti Walker

Probably because Vs Newton has a special place in my heart as a former team member.

9 Likes

The DV888 is the best yoyo in the galaxy.
And Rebecca Black is the bestest music to yo to ever!

6 Likes

And Pizza Hut definitely has the best pizza

10 Likes

Scientifically proven and 9 out of 10 dentist agree!

8 Likes

Bruh don’t you talk down on that Pizza Hut. Not the best but that all you can eat buffet is hard to beat.

7 Likes

There’s an old joke - um… two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, “Boy, the food at this place is really terrible.” The other one says, “Yeah, I know; and such small portions.”

5 Likes

Dominoes is where my heart lives

9 Likes

Pizza Hut personal pan pizzas are on another level!

9 Likes

Nah bro Japanese beef bowls are king

4 Likes

There’s way too many companies and yoyos on the market right now

There are a few gems in terms of companies and yoyos that don’t get nearly enough attention because of the sea of average or redundant yoyos and companies in the market that surround them

8 Likes

TL;DR

What we need right now is for all these tiny companies to work towards creating new players, instead of just capitalizing on a market that someone else created for them. Anyone can make yoyos, what we need are companies to make players.

9 Likes

Ah yes I remember reading this

3 Likes

I know @unklesteve is so epic, I like reading all his posts. Except the one where he called me smelly, I didn’t care so much for that one! :nose:

6 Likes

I’ve been having this same thought while trying to weed through newer stuff and companies that didn’t exist last time I was around.

I’ve had to decide just to focus on companies that I know have consistently delivered quality stuff over a long period of time otherwise I’d be overwhelmed by the amount of choices I have. That and refusing to consider products that cannot possibly be as much better than other yo-yos as their price is higher. I don’t care if your costs are higher because you make smaller runs or whatever, I’m going with the product that can justify its price.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong the average yoyo today is cheaper, smoother, and better than almost any yoyo on the market 6-7 years ago.

What would’ve costed $90 7 years ago now costs $45. There’s a reason your beloved genesis is $45 now and still gets little to no attention. It’s not because the quality went down with the price, if anything the quality even went up.

And many yoyos costing $90 now are better than ANYTHING that was out back then.

When I said average or redundant I meant in today’s market. But they are still miles better than most yoyos on the market back then

7 Likes