Unpopular yoyo opinion(anti-yo)

Freehand 1 Al > Anti-yo ywet

7 Likes

Do you have both yo-yos? Just wondering cause if not it’s easy to make assumptions on things you haven’t tried, not saying your did or are doing this.

3 Likes

i own 4 anti-yo ywets and a freehand 1 al. id rather throw the freehand

5 Likes

I also have at least a few of both….

I’d rather throw my Ti Hummingbird, lol.

5 Likes

I don’t own either, but I’d appreciate hearing your rationale. The side effects YWET has always intrigued me. I think the alternate versions (DRI/SLCK) sound a bit too heavy.

Do you also own a Panorama? I’d be interested to hear how that compares to these two given the similar profile. I went with flat caps on mine and I think it’s near-perfect, but I wouldn’t mind another gram or two here.

2 Likes

ywets to me feel bricky or more like a dead an slow yoyo spinning at the end of the string an less float than the freehand. also i dont like the feel much of the quad response. i never understood having cut outs near the inside of the yoyo.

the panorama seem hard to get, i dont got one but it look nice.

3 Likes

also

hspin g&e4 > anti-yo ywet

2 Likes

Can you clarify which ywet you own since there’s multiple versions

2 Likes

Hit me up if ever trading one of those four.

2 Likes

none are side effects, 2 are metal coated nickel and copper, 1 hard coat, and 1 with jus ano. but for sure they arent worth the high monetary price that most come with, but still good yoyos an they pretty

1 Like

Unpopular opinion; Connor seals > Keiran cooper

2 Likes

The side effect is distinctly different. I would suggest trying one if you get the chance.

1 Like

You need to try the yweti without side effects. It gets rid of that bricky feel to it.

1 Like

yweti is too rich for my blood right now, hopefully can try one of them sideeffects onedrop machined ywets

1 Like

I have a bunch of the post Anti-Yo YWETs (Recess hardcoat, static co), Yweti, Panorama/Diorama, Freehand AL, so will try to give my comparison. My panorama is setup with lego SEs and YYR bearing. The important thing to remember is, Panorama is highly variable depending on how you set it up in terms of bearing and SEs, so this is for my specific setup.

I weighed the 3 on my janky coffee scale:

Recess Hardcoat YWET: 66g
FH Al: 66g
Panorama: 64g

Surprisingly, the Panorama plays slowest/heaviest out of all 3. I think in terms of floaty: FH > YWET >>> Panorama

In terms of stability, YWET > FH Al >= panorama. I think this is largely to do with the center weight of the YWET, with the protrusion. You could probably set up brass spikes on the Pano to achieve something similar.

The Panorama is by far the most unforgiving. It’s high-walled, VERY narrow catch zone. I think this is the love-it/hate-it relationship of the Panorama. It’s fun because it requires really precise play, and is optimal for a certain style of play. It’s so rewarding to hit things on the Panorama, largely because it is hard to do so, you need to be precise and flow in order to not tilt or kill spin. The YWET has response grooves, and the FH Al has lower walls that curve away, so both are more forgiving.

The FH Al doesn’t feel “slim” to me, it’s wider than the two by a millimeter or two, but this is enough that it feels more like a “normal” organic than a slimline throw.

These are all my opinions, YMMV, this was done in like 5 minutes while I was drinking my morning coffee. If people are interested, I can do a more thorough comparison of the YWETi, various YWETs, Pano/Diorama, FH Al, and other slimlines/organics.

10 Likes

too good with words

Love the YWET, love the new FH1 AL’s, but the AL would never bump the YWET from my #1 spot. Great thing about there being so many yoyos out there we can all find the ones we love :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Something I just discovered about the YWETi, why I’m selling mine, is that it doesn’t have the same rim weight as the original YWET’s. It’s much less on the YWETi. For how I play the YWET, response grooves with flowable, and a rubber shield responsive bearing, the YWETi doesn’t play well like that :pensive: Playing them unresponsive, to me, the YWETi has some more float, plays less dense. It’s a great yoyo, if I played unresponsive more I’d hang on to it.

3 Likes

Have you tried comparing the MK1 and the MK2 YWETi’s? There were some weight changes. I’d have to pull mine out myself to compare, but was just wondering.

I have not. I’ve owned 2 of the MKII’s, and one of the OG’s. I didn’t get to setup the OG responsive, but I actually liked the OG a little more.

2 Likes