UNDERrated YoYos

I concur, The Maverick was my 1st. all metal yo. I’m onto my second one because my first one exploded and parts were lost (in my living room) due to me not tightening the 2 halves firm enuff. Since then, I’ve graduated to some more “upscale” yoyoes but, have always had a love/hate relationship with my Toy’s R Us/Yomega purchase. Primarily because to my unseasoned skill level, this yoyo felt great in my hand. As I progress with the modding learning curve, I’ve done a satin finish on the outside of the cup on my new silver Maverick. Then I ripped out the ugly blue globs that passed as response pads. After a new silli job, my Maverick is a “little bit” tug responsive. I can now bind and do most of my combos without breaking my knuckles! This week I plan on de-shielding and cleaning/lubing the bearing as well as adding YYJ thin sims. Hoping this could become my daily/beater carry.

I like my Hectic SB but everyone I talk to hates the thing. I don’t get it… Oh well I like it and that’s what matters. :smiley:

Anything Zeekio

definitely agree. it was one of my first intermediate to advanced yoyos a couple years ago and still love it to this day. it’s so smooth and the weight distribution is just perfect for me.

We all know the big sellers and whatnot. What’s a throw that you really enjoy that doesn’t get the attention that it deserves and what is it about the throw that you love?

I’ll start it off by throwing out the ILYY Lynx. This thing is SUPER amazing! I own throws from quite a few big namers, but this is my first and only ILYY. The blast is unique. Not as satin smooth as a CLYW or as boss as a General-Yo (probably my favorite blast ever), but it does feel very cool. I tend to like a larger/full-sized yo-yo, or even oversized. I like that it’s large yet feels very floaty. It’s floaty and VERY stable. I’ve never had the privilege of playing a Peak but from what everyone says it sounds a lot like a Lynx. I tend to gravitate towards V shapes and H shapes but not usually care too much about the rounded butterfly(?). But I love this rounded design on this particular yoyo. I think it’s because it has quite a bit of width to it as well. Something like the OD 54 or Antiyo Ywet is just way too narrow for my tastes. Most butterfly designs that seem to come out don’t have the width and the yoyos seem to loose out on stability because of it. Also the Lynx has the most usable set of spikes of any yoyo that I own. I think this throw could use some more limelight.

The spyy speed freak is a good throw. Also the 54 doesnt get that much love anymore.,

The Hspin phoenix is really nice. It plays fast and looks amazing but I haven’t seen anyone write a review on it or even use it in a video(besides plamek).

The Zen series. Those throws have really good stats at an amazing price, but no one seems to really notice that

2 Likes

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,31464.0.html

vsnyyc battosai its very much in the shadow of other vsnyyc yoyos and is a pretty awesome throw

I also think the CLYW Canvas is a little underrated. I have the
Donut Hurdler edition and it is dead smooth. Its fast on the string and it also has an amazing stock response(Snow Tires).

I’m getting a battosai on monday or tuesday in a trade, I really like the shape and I allways see under the wants list of vs. Newton (dont want battosai). I’m exited for that little guy, hehe.

Speed freak definitly underrated, my most fun throw ever…I have seen some hate on the skyline but it is amazing and so is the hand candy from yomerica spindustries.

Spyy Pro.

This is modern yoyoing. Do yourself a favor and own one.

for yyf, I’d say the PGM with no stacks and the counterattack. for duncan, I liked my Metal Zero v2, and my Bumblebee. And for this I will probably get stuff thrown at me, but I love My yomega Maverick and hotshot…they both played very well after a month or two.

No. It’s not underrated at all

And, no YYF is underrated. Overrated is more like it.

Pretty much anything 3yo3.
The Bassline is amazing and so is the Omni X. I highly recommend both.

Foxland Precision Katz Meow

TEN YOYO Wet Whistle

1 Like

Is that so? I don’t see any superstars, supernovas, Genesis, 888, skyline, ETC going for over stock price on the BST. I honestly don’t see where the “overrated” YYF thing is coming from. New yoyoers gravitate towards YYF due to aesthetics and there massive selection of yoyos, and thus they always want the YoYoFactory. That doesn’t make it overrated, it just means YYF is good at business. In fact, I see CLYW’s, VSNyyC, YYR, and multiple other yoyos go for stock price or MORE on the BST. If that’s not overrated, I don’t know what is.

1 Like

Yomega dash is a fantastic throw for the price. for 30$ you get the yoyo and a $10 DVD with a huge collection of tricks well explained. just break in the bearing and take out the rubber pads and silli it, and it turns un responsive! at lest mine is, and it grinds all day. one of my best throws.

QFT.

Dat Dash! Definitely one fine yoyo.

I couldn’t agree more, sir. Yomega does have some decent throws, yet everbody seems to bash them…I love their throws, personally.