UNDERrated YoYos

I believe that came out wrong.

However, just because a yoyo doesn’t sell for more than it’s retail doesn’t mean it’s not overrated. I’m not trying to start a war, but demand is different from being overrated.

Hspin Gorylla

ILYY Mary - it’s so pretty, too!

The YYJ Black Knight

Every YYJoker is underrated. Most General-yos are underrated. The YYF Primo is one of the most underrated throws out there. Most ILYY’s are underrated too. Same thing goes to Werrd.

The Northstar is underrated.

ilyy enigma so smooth

Freehand 2010
Nobody except for beginners owns one, why, because all the experienced players don’t give Duncan the respect they deserve due to their sticker responses and size A bearings.
For a $15 Yoyo, it’s very legit. Just clean the bearing and put in one Silicone sticker and there you go. If you buy another one and do the same thing, you have a nice 3a pair. Lets not forget the CW included for 5a.
You see, $15 for the yoyo, $5 for 8 Silicone stickers, you get an great 1a and 5a throw, (not to forget that Freehands are VERY durable) . Also for another 15, you now have a 3a set. In fact if kept stock,you can do 4a with it, or put two silicone stickers in. In other words, for 35, (maybe shipping, Freehand 2010s are very common to find in hobby shops, Toys R Us, etc.) , can have two 1a throws, two 4a throws, two 5a throws, and a 3a set.

And some of you thought that ILYY, YYF, YYJoker, and Hspin was underrated.

2 Likes

Spyy spead freak

THANK YOU XAVIER! im gonna go add that to my favorite yoyos right now!

This post rocked my world. :slight_smile: Great job!

Aside, on the demand/rating note, it’s hard to say. One can argue that on the BST market, YYFs sell for less than what they retail for because there’s a lot of them (low demand). Or this can also be interpreted as people deciding that they’re not “keepers.” Therefore, if they’re not keepers, they don’t like them that much and would let them go for cheaper (overrated). I can see it both ways, so it’s hard to tell.

Personally, I think of this G5 that the Capt sold me recently. I’ve been playing it this past week, and I’ve really been having a lot of fun with it. They sell for relatively cheap on BSTs and are common, but I’m leaning towards saying that the G5 is underrated because it seems like a lot of people are willing to let it go.

I prefer the FHZ, but I was very impressed by my FH2010, and I think it’s completely off to say: “all the experienced players don’t give Duncan the respect they deserve due to their sticker responses and size A bearings.” There are lots of videos of people doing amazing stuff on FHZs and other Duncan yoyos, like the Raptor and Metropolis, to name a few. If you think Duncan isn’t respected, then I’d like to see a company you DO think is respected.

he wasnt saying duncan didnt get respect cause they do hes saying that the FH2010 dosnt get a lot of respect. hope this helps.

THE SHINWOO TECHNO IS THE GREATEST PLASTIC EVER!!!

Freehands…I have like 3 of these things, extremely great yoyos for the money, stable and smooth. I’m tempted to pick up a 4th one, one of the other freakhand ones to match the freakhand shirt I have. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to give these enough attention, mainly because I’m too lazy to get new response pads for them. I do however recommend them for people looking for a first yoyo.

On the topic of Duncan, there was a lot of hype for the Raptor but I haven’t seen much for the Echo (which is a must have in my opinion). I’ve only seen a tiny handful of reviews here, including mine.

I know this isn’t the topic, but… Seems like he is talking about Duncan, not the FH2010…

I’m not talking about the Screaming Eagle, Echo, Raptor, etc, when I meant Duncan.
I’m talking about people going off and buying anything else that isn’t Duncan. Think of it, how many people at an experience level actually consider buying an FH 2010, now how many people consider buying something not Duncan (Screaming Eagle and De-Luxxe doesn’t count) other than the FHZ.

Why not the FHZ, because everyone buys them modded or to mod them. Yes, I am aware that FHZ don’t need to be modded to be legit just a few upgrades, I know by experience, with that said, compare people who only buy FHZs to be modded or to become modded, against people who simply upgrade, the answer is obvious.

Now think, why not choose a Duncan FH 2010? Great price, full size, good weight to it, included CW, it now comes pre-recessed.What I noticed that draws people away is the response and the bearing.
When it comes to YYF, Hspin, etc, people choose their throws in a heartbeat. I don’t mean that their Yoyos are bad and the FH 2010 is the best Yoyo ever, it’s just that this is why the FH 2010 is so underrated, people don’t even think of the FH 2010.
You know I should review this.

as long as i can sili, i dont really care about the stickers. but i will not deal with an A sized bearing, just because theyre such a pain to open… i dont even really like dealing with C, but ill take a C anyday… i guess its just a pet peeve of mine

i would like to say the ronin is under rated… go buy one

Everything from Ten yo! Roo let me try out lots of stuff at VA states. Great guy, great yoyos!

I think the dif-e-yo wide load is a tad under-rated, and I love it to no end. I do argue that some of duncan’s plastics are under-rated, I love my freehand, i loved my metal zero when I had it, and the Hayabusa is quite nice. I also think the original run of the Yoyojam fiesta (Not xx) was not as loved as it should’ve been. Mine plays great, and has helped me learn a lot of offstring tricks thanks to its beast sleep time with a stock bearing.

idk but 401k is a little under rated