Trying new companies

Hey guys,
Ive been using YYF or YYJ for a while now and I want to try a new company, like OneDrop, CLYW, ect. Any suggestions? Thanks!

One Drop, definitely Code 1 or 54 or Dang. CLYW, Chief, Avalanche, Gnarwhal, Canvas, that is, if you can find them in stock.

Definitely try one drop. I got a Dietz and its amazing, not to mention the Pyrammate( i think that’s how you spell it) finish, it will grind for 1o seconds, or longer on a good throw

Yes.

Anything that isn’t YYF or YYJ.

I like YYF and YYJ. But, One Drop and CLYW make some amazing stuff too. I also think for the money, those are two excellent ways to go. It’s a good intermediate step in the price range before really stepping up to something on the “high end” side of things, but still getting something of the same quality.

I have 7 CLYW’s and 3 One Drops. Amazing stuff.

A really good underrated company is foxlandprecision.

I’m not sure why but ilyy is really under rated too. If you are looking for variety and are willing to take a risk then pick something completly different from the yoyos you have, who knows you might love the new shape. Worst thing yhat can happen is that you hate your new yoyo and trade for something you do like on the bst.

Probably because they are expensive. But I love one drop to death. ALso if you hurry grab a PSG I got 6!

i would suggest Magic yoyo. they have amazing yoyos for cheap. the N5 Desperado is the only one i have but it is a really fun yoyo

1 Like

I just got a crucial B-grade a la mode and It’s awesome, I really like it, especially their grooved bearing.

why’d you buy 6? ._.
I got to play one yesterday, and they’re okay. definitely worth the 16+shipping. But they play a bit too heavy for my taste. at 64 grams you would expect them to be light, but my 67 gram revenger plays a lot lighter.

Just one,
Don’t focus on the company so much as the yoyo itself.

For the price of the PSG, it makes me consider that over the ONE for yoyos to get for my crew. Unfortunately, whatever I order won’t arrive in time for my event this weekend, but they’ll be too busy enjoying the convention anyways, which is fine.

I’m definitely getting a PSG soon. And a bunch of other stuff.

PSGs are hard to break from regular play.

Ilyy, h-spin, 3yo3, C3, String theory, general-yo, CYYC etc. All great company’s you should try.

One drop should be the code 1 or 54. If it’s CLYW than maybe the wooly marmot.

In general, everything on YYE is a quality product. It’s safe to choose just about anything.

There are other brands, YYE can’t possibly carry it all. Some of the brands nor carried here are great as well. I’m only recommending sticking with a place like YYE for a while so you can learn as much as you can and better make qualified decisions. Once you learn more and know your preferences, while I still recommend YYE, there are other places that are reputable that carry GREAT brands. I’m not going to list other online stores though, but they are easy to find.

For the most part, I do my shopping here at YYE. I’m not 100% exclusive though, there’s other stores I do buy from as well. Sometimes it’s just part of spreading some of my purchases around to build relations, sometimes it’s because YYE doesn’t carry something I am interested in.

All of those are great throws. I would also suggest from the CLYW line, the Gnarwal if you like undersized or the Avalanche if you like full sized.

Here are some companies that I like (along with my current favorite yoyo from them)

OneDrop: 54 (although I really like my Nickel DANG too)
ILYY: Falcon
SPYY: Pro
3Yo3: Bassline
CLYW: Gnarwhal
XCube: Stampede

We are branching out a little here too. Should get a OD Dang and a Shinwoo Dolphin (first metal Shinwoo for us. Have 2 Phantoms already.) today or tomorrow. In a couple of weeks we are getting a X-Con Pro and a DM2 for our first YYJ’s. Nice to get a little variety.

Get a Decapod or a Wet Whistle. Ten Yoyo is a great company with amazing throws. Both yoyos are great, but I like the Decapod a little more.

I’ll just leave this here.

1 Like