Tryin to start a yo-yo club in the Dallas-fort worth area

Today’s the day! See y’all at 2pm at the Flower Mound Library!

2 Likes

Hope you guys have a fabulous turn out and a great day!!

1 Like

Hey guys!!! What plans do we have for the club this summer???

Still working on plans for the summer but if you’ve got any ideas would love to hear them!

I ended up runnin into this lady at the dmv Monday and she told me about her son wanting to learn yo-yo and I told her about the club. I’m down for some outreach stuff this summer. I can talk to some spots around my neighborhood and see what’s up.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’ll be in Frisco on Sat/Sun the 20th and 21st up from San Antonio. I was wondering if there’s anyone that might want to meet up and throw one or both days.

1 Like

Hey welcome! I was trying to get a meet scheduled for the 20th at the Flower Mound Library but they are booked that day. Let me see if Bachi would be open to us meeting at his house. I’ll keep y’all posted!

Hey all, thank you for your patience, we have the next Lone Star Spinners Meetup scheduled for this month! We’ll be meeting at the Flower Mound Public Library Program Room on May 18th from 2-4pm! Whether you’ve been coming regularly, have never been out before, or have a friend you think would be interested, come join us! We’ll be throwing yo-yos, kendama, and spinning poi, so feel free to invite friends that play other skill toys. Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Hey y’all, just a reminder that this Saturday is the next Lone Star Spinners meetup My 18th from 2-4pm at the Flower Mound Public Library! Hope to see you there whether it’s your first time or you’ve been coming regularly!

2 Likes

Today’s the day, hope to see you there!

3 Likes

Been looking for a yoyo meeting close to DFW but today our ham club is meeting in Lake Worth, oh well. My day for show and tell and am taking a 1953 Blue Racer that showed up in my mailbox since the last meeting.

2 Likes

Well you’ve come to the right place! Hope your meetup goes well and that we can catch you at the next one! I’m tentatively planning for the next one to be in mid June but still need to reach out to the library about dates so stay tuned!

1 Like

Driving now. Be there around 2:30 :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yo thanks everyone for coming out, it was a blast to meet everyone and throw! Looking forward to the next one! Stay tuned, I’ve got some ideas for the next meetup that I think y’all will like!

3 Likes

Hey y’all, hope your summer is off to a great start! Our next Lone Star Spinners meetup is coming up on June 15th from 2-4pm at the Flower Mound Library! We had an awesome turnout last meet and are excited to keep the fire going as we launch full throttle into summer and the competition season.

As part of this upcoming meet we will have some time during the second half of the meet for a freestyle showcase! If you’ve got a competition coming up (like nats or worlds, etc.) we’d love to give you a chance to practice your freestyle in front of an audience with music. I know I’ll be practicing my 4a routines for nats, so if people are interested in practicing, this is a great opportunity to do so in front of other yoyo players where you can get some great feedback.

Either way, super excited to see y’all there, and stay tuned for some more fun plans coming up throughout the summer!

3 Likes

Happy national yoyo day everyone! Hope you get some time to get out and throw! Just a reminder that next Saturday is our next Lone Star Spinners meetup and we hope to see you there!

1 Like

Happy Saturday everyone, today’s the day for our June Lone Star Spinners meetup! Hope to see you at the Flower Mound Public Library at 2pm! If you’ve got a freestyle you’d like to practice in front of an audience or just want to try getting up and throwing some tricks you like, we’d love to see it!

1 Like

Hope you all have a fabulous turnout today. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. It would be amazing if you all could launch someone off to Nats and support them all the way. Have an amazing day!!

1 Like

Thank you! We had an awesome turnout last time so optimistic for today as well! I know I’m practicing my nats routine so I hope others are as well! We got a few going to worlds I know that much :grin:

1 Like

Thanks everyone who came out to the meetup today it was a lot of fun and thank you for letting me practice my routines for nats, it was super helpful to perform in front of an audience!

Stay tuned for our July meetup, we’ve got a microjam coming up, inspired by the Utah yoyo club! What is a microjam you ask? It is a mini yoyo contest where everyone has an opportunity to perform a freestyle (open to all divisions 1a-5a. More details to come!) with judging and there will be prizes, so come ready for some friendly competition! It will tentatively be mid to late July before worlds so anyone competing in worlds can practice their routines before the contest. Get hyped and hope to see you there!

5 Likes