Is There an AUSTIN TX Yoyo club?

Hi guys, I was wondering if there are any people willing to meet up in Austin for a yoyo club or if there is already a group? I know there is a group meeting in San Antonio but wanted to see if there was anybody closer.

4 Likes

I help run the SA group meet, but @sergchz is in the Austin area and comes through to throw.

1 Like

Thank you for the response!

1 Like

I’m in Austin, no yoyo club here that I know of but I was talking to @sergchz about trying to plan a meet a few weeks ago. I’m still down, I’m free most weekends.

2 Likes

I am just getting back into yoyo after not having played in years, so I’m not very good lol. But I’m going to UT Austin this fall and was hoping there’d be a yoyo club at the school (doesn’t seem to be the case) or in the city (also doesn’t seem to be the case.) Do you go to UT by any chance? Maybe we could start something!

2 Likes

I am actually a junior in high school but live in central east austin fairly close to UT. I would love to get together! I can also probably get my friend involved as well.

Thank you for all the responses!!! @Pankace04 @sergchz @YotaroKuyo

2 Likes

Good stuff man. If you end up going to UT, maybe we can set something official up. In any case, we should get a regular group started in Austin. For such a big and popular city, it’s crazy that there’s nothing official yet

1 Like

Hey yall,

I was just thinking, we have three takers, plus me, here for a meetup. I’m thinking we have enough interest that we could start up a monthly meet?!

How’ s this week, May 17th, work for y’all?

I help run Alamo yoyo club (@alamoyoyoclub on insta). I am more likely to log into that than the forums, nowadays (mostly to keep my eyes off BST threads)… care to follow us there so we can keep in touch easier?

@Pankace04 @Lilmoyoyo @YotaroKuyo

3 Likes

The 17th works for me

1 Like

Following the IG right now. I might have neglected to mention it but I’m not moving to Austin until this August sadly. I’m in Fort Worth right now. If you all want to get something going, I would love to join in when I’m there.

2 Likes

I know one other yoyoer in town I may be able to get to come out too

1 Like

I think I can do the 17th and I also might know another yoyoer who could join. I joined the Instagram as well.

Where would the meet up be located? I thought we could meet up at this location. It is a park near my house:

But we also could meet at the Central Austin Library as well:

Those are both pretty close to UT right?

1 Like

Yes, fairly close

that park is fine with me

2 Likes

Let’s do the park. The public library may be a bit too quiet for us to get hyped

1 Like

What time were y’all thinking? I could do around 3:00 to 5:00 if that works for y’all.

I just realized though, that might be kind of hot time of day. We could do it sometime in the morning.

I don’t mind the heat so much as long as there is some shade. I’m not familiar with that park though but maybe meeting a little earlier like 12 or 1 could be good

1 Like

I’m good with 12 or 1

1 Like