Is There an AUSTIN TX Yoyo club?

We can try out 12pm these months. If we decide to stay there or go to other spots that have more shade it could affect start time.

I’m thinking we can try 12 to 3 and see how things go? I’m about to make a post up on our ig

2 Likes

Sounds good :+1:

That’s totally fine, I hope we can keep the meets going so you can eventually join us. I’ve been going to the San Antonio monthly meet pretty regularly for the past year or so

2 Likes

:+1:

How did this go? I’m about an hour north of Austin.

2 Likes

I had a good time despite the heat, we talked about finding an indoor meeting place next time! There were six of us total, hopefully it only grows from here next meets gonna be mid July I think.

4 Likes

Sounds like a good start! I am super excited to join. I found out that I will have 3 roommates, so maybe I’ll be able to get them into yoyo and expand it a bit more.

2 Likes

Yeah it was great! We had a fellow I met at jugglefest here in Austin show and he was teaching us all how to diabolo and other stuff.

We’re planning on having another one in July, but I will be out of town. I’ll still make the invitation post but won’t be there. Maybe we can plan it for the same park to make things easy.

2 Likes

Now here’s a delightful surprise! I will be in Austin for the next couple years to get a masters at UT! I’m not as active as I once was in the hobby, but I still keep throwing when I can. I’ll make sure to keep up with this group!

4 Likes

If we could find somewhere indoors to meet that would be ideal I think. That park was a good meeting place it’s just so hot out right now. I remember Pang mentioning a community center maybe we should try that.

1 Like

Hell yeah, let’s meet up at some point. Going there for undergrad this fall.

I’d expect UT itself might have a place we could go. Libraries are always good. Maybe the student union buildings? I think those are just hangout spaces. No one would probably bother us if two UT students were there.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea! I’ve been to the student union building as a non-student a few times.

Would one of you mind helping me host the next one? I just requested the conference room at the Asian American Resource center that Peng mentioned. I can make the announcement on the club Instagram with the details. Are y’all are ok with July 15th 2pm -4pm?

I’ll be back for the August meet

July 15th works for me

Again, won’t be living in Austin till late August. But I hope yall have fun and I hope the new building goes well. Send the address if it works out long term?

Edit: I just realized Peng might’ve been a typo and you might’ve been talking about the union. Sounds good to me if that’s the case

1 Like

Can’t wait to throw with you! It’s super fun meeting new throwers irl

We will be hosting these hopefully in a monthly basis towards the middle of the month. I will be back a in Austin trying to continue these in August as well.

2 Likes

I’ve got us the conference center @ Asian Resource center
7/15 2-4pm
8401 Cameron Rd, Austin, TX 78754

Available if y’all want to use it.
We need a min of 5 people technically? I’ve never used it and I won’t be in person to run it.

Does this sound good or should we try something else? I’m literally gonna be in a different country

1 Like

Same here. I will probably be the lowest skill level in the group but I want to learn which is a lot of why I’m excited to do this. Plus, throwers are just always the most chill people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our first meet had some newer players show who got in with their thrower friend. Learning from other people is the best thing you can try

We also had some fun with diabolos, hacky sacks, and some other cool stuff that we brought

1 Like

Hi there,
Will there be another meet up in the future? I am writing for my nine year old son who loves to yo-yo and would like to join a group or class. (I am not sure if there is space for younger participants or not) He has two friends that might like to join as well.
Thank you!

1 Like