Trifecta of light + wide + bi(metal)

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Wow that sounds exiting !!! My hummingbird is already the fastest yoyo in my collection, I don’t have any other throw that could possibly speed up as fast as the hummingbird. now you got me very intrigued !!!

2 Likes

@Hanker do you have the Voyage? I just remembered that might be a good one to add to the chart. IIRC it’s like 60g?

Also definitely going to keep an eye on the new 2022 signature from Yoyofriends!

1 Like

Yes, I do have the YoYoBrothers Voyage. The specs on it are extremely difficult to find, but I finally found them.

Specs:
57.89 grams
58mm diameter
43.5mm width

It plays wonderfully on the string. I would say it has a lighter feeling compared to the Spright as their weights are both very similar (the Spright is supposed to be 55g, but a lot of people that weighed it say it’s actually 57g). It is also slightly faster, thanks to its V shape and smaller stainless steel rims. It’s larger in diameter than the Spright and you can really feel that difference, in that it actually has similar stability, if not more, than the Spright despite its smaller rims. So yeah, in terms of weight feel it’ll be lighter and faster than the Spright.

Also, you might actually not mind heavier yoyos in terms of their weight feel as, for me, I always thought I disliked the weight of heavier yoyos, but I actually disliked the reluctance of heavier yoyos (which usually checks out, heavier weight = more reluctant yoyo). Just something to think about.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve added the Voyage to the chart. Very interesting that it plays even lighter than the Spright, so outside of my sweet spot but definitely worth adding to the list.

I’m not sure what you meant by this. Are you saying there’s a distinction between weight-feel and reluctance of movement? I’d say I’m probably looking for ease of movement when I say weight-feel.

1 Like

Yeap that’s it! It’s a bit unintuitive, but a yoyo can be nimble on the string but still feel weighty. The Surveillance is probably the best example that I can give you. Usually reluctance will come together with a weighty feeling (or presence), but it doesn’t necessarily mean that a weighty feeling yoyo will be reluctant.

Seems like you’re in the same boat as me!

1 Like

Has anyone tried the new ZGRT Durendal? It seems like a good candidate for light + wide + bi. Any comparisons to existing yoyos on the chart would be helpful!

If you want something really out there, I think the new Sturm Panzer Pakfa Type-82 is interesting. It has a similar ratio but it’s a bit undersized and it has a D bearing. I haven’t tried the new one because it’s still in the mail, but the original Pakfa is one of Sturm Panzer’s mostly highly regarded models. The new model takes the rim weight ratio to a pretty absurd level. I’m not sure how that’s gonna affect the play.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Always love to hear suggestions out of left field! It looks really interesting, that undercut is intense :astonished:

Probably not as wide as I would’ve liked but looks like it may play super stable and quite fast? Let us know how it fares when it arrives!