What type of yoyos do you prefer?

There are a lot of yoyos in this world, and we can only use 1 at a time. So I want to take preferences and tips for future reference

2 Likes

Wide yoyos.

3 Likes

I like heavy(70g+), narrowish (42-45mm), large diameter (58mm+), gap width around 4.5mm, not too rim weighted bimetal yo-yos the best for 1a. I like all yo-yos though; they all have pros and cons. Literally, I have never thrown a Yoyo I didn’t enjoy playing with.

For 3a I prefer heavy, narrow, large diameter, narrower gap width bimetal yo-yos.

1 Like

I forgot to mention the type of yoyos im talking about:
Monometals
Plastic yoyos
Titaniums
Bimetals
Looping
4a yoyos

Useable ones

Plastics are nice and chap and I like their feel, otherwise bimetal. I love the weight variation and spin time. I do some 4A too but all I have is a flight

Top Deck :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Cheap yoyos.

Seriously, slightly heavy yoyos with a gap between 43-46. I also find myself both enjoying oversized and undersized.

1 Like

Wide, light bimetals with an average or undersized diameter. Specifically 63.4g, 46mm wide, 56 mm diameter (Hydrogen Crash dimensions).

In general though, yoyos lighter than 64.5g or heavier than 67 g will interest me.

1 Like

Im a casual thrower so I like organic shaped yoyos the most. Like the Gnome, Luna, Life, afterlife, dale, nitro & panorama to name a few.

1 Like

Have you tried the Offset Outlier+?

1 Like

I feel like 50+ is a little much. I thought the wangle is where it would stop. It’s still pretty crazy on how wide it became

1 Like

I like monometals, although the other types are nice too.

1 Like

New Ones :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahh yes I also have the I want the yoyo I don’t have yet syndrome. It’s a terrible plight.

Honestly I like modern responsive and wood yo-yos the most. Slim light weight or undersized.

If I’m playing unresponsive I want it heavy I probably would love a hades if it wasn’t for the price tag. I’m intimidated by the speed I am forced into with light weight unresponsive yo-yos.

I’ll amend my statements slightly if you hand me a gimmick yoyo like a noise making one or a frisbee yoyo or a light up throw or something just silly or modular I’ll be giddy it’ll tickle me pink And I’ll be playing like a school kid. I also have a soft spot for hybrids and just can’t not pick one up if given the chance.

4 Likes

Used, b-grades, and beaters for me.

5 Likes

yes, I got one for Christmas.

3 Likes

refer to my tierlist and aggressor thread

Thoughts? I’m very tempted. Brandon Vu knows his stuff.

I already posted this pic in the top five of 23 thread but I really like competition H shaped throws. These 3 bimetals feel like different weights of the same idea. Wizard is the “outlier” in this pic but I enjoy large diameters too and this one is very similar in dimensions to Hades. That’s the only thing they have in common though. Plays totally different.

4 Likes

I like low to mid weight, rounded throws. I play semi-responsive to responsive unless I’m using a counterweight so the Still Rollin’ is a baseline for my preferred yo-yo.

Threw a DS bearing in there with a drop of 3in1 and haven’t touched another yo-yo for the past week!