Opinions for bi-metals yoyo

Hey guys. Hope you all are doing fine.

Planning to purchase a new bi-metal. Any suggestions? Been eyeing few yoyos but seeking your opinions and suggestions.

My list are as below:

Mowl Surveillance
Soserious Hermes
Soserious Prometeo

Cheers~

2 Likes

These days, it’s basically just pick anything. They are all great these days.

10 Likes

I say get the one that’s the most diverse from your arsenal now

1 Like

Welcome! I’ll suggest the YoYoFriends Hummingbird if you can get one.

2 Likes

I haven’t played any of those, but want to welcome you to the forum!

2 Likes

There’s one yo-yo to get. My favorite over the OD Draupnir!

Thank me later

5 Likes

Is peregrine plays similar to the hummingbird?

2 Likes

Supposedly very different…

The Peregrine plays fast,

The Hummingbird slow

Both very good…

(Well that’s what I saw after watching reviews on YT)

1 Like

Thanks man. If i can find OD Draupnir, i may think about purchasing it.:laughing:

1 Like

I don’t own a peregrine so I can’t say for sure. But contrary to what @Legit_Yo-Yo has said, the hummingbird actually should play faster than the peregrine due to its lighter weight and higher mass in the center. The peregrine would be more stable due to slightly more rim weight. This is based off of @Mazdarx7FD review comparing the two yoyos.

4 Likes

You can get 50% off on Duncans website

2 Likes

Oh, I just watch BV and Yoyojoe vids and compare the vids together.

I agree with @Hanker. I have thrown both and the Hummingbird is faster than the Peregrine.

Here’s @Mazdarx7FD 's comparison of both. Basically his videos give you the most info about both short of actually trying them out.

Somehiglights from the video:
Peregrine, slightly more stable, more powerful, heavier, wider–easier to land string tricks. Peregrine is designed specifically for modern yoyo competition.
Hummingbird accelerates faster, faster top speed. lighter.

I like both a lot, both are highly respected on these forums. I prefer the hummingbird as I tend to like lighter faster yoyos.

Edit:
the OD Draupnir, Grasshopper GTX are also excellent yoyos too. Both are very powerful and stable but a slower. Duncan also makes the Orbtial GTX which is lighter, faster and wider and great as well. Frankly both the Grasshopper and Orbital are both steals at $75 retail. If money is an issue I’d definitely take a look at Duncan.

2 Likes

thesis yoyos hypothesis , really good bi metal , plays like premium bi metal from yyr , but price is affordable, you can get one directly from me for 75$ and free shipping