TP Hinemosu

I really like the look of the Hinemosu but I just can’t get past that 4.82mm gap. Do y’all put on the fattest strings you can find? Or do you just live with really slippy binds?

4 Likes

I use StringLab Plutonium. Works well and it’s comfortable :hugs:

2 Likes

I honestly never notice and I am pretty picky about my binds . I use normal or fat thickness for all my yo-yos .

3 Likes

I haven’t noticed any issues with that gap or binding and I’ve only played Hinemosu with regular bulk fat. Being that it is more geared for tech, I haven’t felt the need to step up to XL.

2 Likes

Really? 4.82mm is awfully wide. I learned very early on–from trying to learn to bind with a Replay Pro–that wide gaps are the bane of tight, snappy binds.

1 Like

Woah I want to try one now 4.82mm seems super wide and I have never tried anything that wide hmmmmm…I use guy wright bind to check my response and if it doesn’t work or I have to force it, I know I got the wrong string or my response system needs to be replaced like that bind slipping has meant the pads are about to fall out real soon but I don’t know.

1 Like

I don’t have a hinemosu, but I do have a mustang which supposedly has a >5mm gap width (whatttt???). I actually threw a thin string on it just for the heck of it, and tbh binds weren’t that slippy at all. I don’t notice a difference from other throws when using my normal bulk string (Sochi fat).

4 Likes

That’s because the Mustangs are awesome

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve used kitty/original throw/sochi fat all in a hinemosu and a mustang ES (>5mm gap), and I didn’t have problems binding, but just for fun I threw some kitty normal in the mustang ES and the binds were noticeably slippy, and maybe a 9/10 of what I’d consider “normal” in the hinemosu. I’d say as long as you use “fat” string you won’t really run into issues (though this is my own subjective experience), and if the response is something you’re really concerned about, you could always silicone it yourself to your liking.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m just not prepared to drop $215 on a yoyo on the off chance I can get the response the way I like.

Perhaps you could pick up a replay pro just to test something with a wider gap, then determine if it’s too slippy for you? There are also a plethora of options for different response pads depending on how grippy you want your binds to be. I know there’s a type of shadow pads called xtra grippy that are made for when you want a tight bind on powerful bimetals.

2 Likes

I have never personally used mosu, but I have used MSG with recessed silicone response and it worked perfect with OT fat. And I have heard similar opinions about mosu. Do note that OT fat is equivalent to most brands XL.

3 Likes

Mosu is fine with any fat string, doesn’t have to be XL. “my perfect response” won’t even be a factor with how great TP is :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The binds aren’t slippy at all. I’ve been playing mine for a year with a variety of strings and have had zero response issues.

6 Likes

No response issues with mine either. On paper it seems like it might be an issue, but in reality it’s not. I just use bulk fat string and have no issues. The gap is great for lots of dense string layer tech without snagging, and yet somehow still binds fine without being slippy. It’s one of those throws that you just have to try to see how good it is I think. Definitely one of my favorites though. Its my go to for learning new stuff mainly because of the stability & spin time on it is insane.

6 Likes

I have to stop reading about the Hinemosu, I’m gonna order one at this rate. Maybe the first throw I go for once I’m back from Red Rocks!

2 Likes

If you are hesitant to drop $215 on the Hinemosu I would suggest to give the St Elmo a try. Slightly narrower gap at 4.70mm. I grab it more often than the Hinemosu.

7 Likes

mine is perfectly fine with fat string once i changed the stock pads. if you ever get one and feel its too slippy, just know a pad change does wonders to change that. stock white tp pads are hard and slick. change it for something softer and youre set.

2 Likes

I already did drop the 220 on a Hades and that is such an incredible yoyo that it is another factor pointing toward how good Hinemosu is.

2 Likes