TP Hinemosu

Reverse for me :smile: Thanks to you and @GTDropKnot im looking at the Hades.

1 Like

I’m blaming @GTDropKnot for converting me, but I’m gonna take blame too this thing made me want more heavy yoyos. Lookin at Mega Crash and Bakemono as well.

1 Like

Hah hades is an amazing Yoyo it’s so so so maxed out in weight but also I’ve come to appreciate the distribution much more as well like it’s oversized and slightly rim weighted but they did a really good job of not making it toooo rim weighted bc at that weight that would be wild. It just feels so good to me but you might hate it and it’s expensive so I feel weird recommending it hah! I just ordered an aster bc I can’t play with hades really hard for that long and I have to wear gloves if I want to move it really fast…I also know that my favorite might change like I still love yoshicuda and tachyon and my lightweight yo-yos too…I knew if I didn’t grab an aster now I would just end up searching bst In like a year…I’m sure the mosu is fantastic I just had to pick and have no bimetals between 65 and 80g

4 Likes

I have the St. Elmo, and it is the only TP with specs that are in my sweet spot. I thought I might like the Acanthus, but I find it a bit too sluggish. I just wish TPs weren’t so expensive because they are a costly gamble when they don’t pay off.

4 Likes

Is the St Elmo just a nonmetal version of the Hinemosu?

I’ve been tempted by the bimetal too.

2 Likes

It would be more accurate to say the Hinemosu is just the ti outer rim version of the Palpitation.

The Palpitation, Colony, St. Elmo, Mustang, and Hinemosu are all related Takeshi sigs. And maybe the Isotope if you want to go further back.

6 Likes

As @mable said. For me the St Elmo is one of my favorite mono metals. Not exactly low price but after getting it, it seems like a good deal. Compared to Turning Point bi-metal cost

4 Likes

Yeah, it seems like it would be good to try before committing to a bimetal, just in case it doesn’t gel with me.

The profiles of the two yoyos look extremely similar to my eye.

3 Likes

Agree and I haven’t really heard any negatives. Not that they aren’t out there :smile:

2 Likes

Hinemosu is like St. Elmo turned up to 11 on the power meter

2 Likes

St Elmo is an excellent entry point into TP throws if you haven’t tried any of them. Like @Exmime said, Hinemosu is like the St Elmo on steroids in terms of power. The St Elmo, Hinemosu, Palpitation, and Mustang all have very similar shapes, but different play feels. They are all Takeshi signature models so it’s not surprising that the shapes are similar. TP does something that I haven’t seen too many other companies do, which is make slight tweaks to a proven shape. What’s surprising though is just how different their throws throws can feel, even with a similar shape, based on materials used and weight distribution.

7 Likes

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Hinemosu so far ,so I might just bypass the St Elmo and go for gold.

I was looking at the Omnitron Noah (I saw someone using one at nats UK) as a possible alternative but I’ve really been taken by the TP.

5 Likes

It handles normal string fine and thick too those rims are insane holds its plane not much tilt.for a lighter throw vs my aster both excellent throws but aster is heavier and much more power then all my throws.

4 Likes

Get hinemosu its fun and not too heavy sleeps long and handles anything only small issue is its a bit smaller. Mines still up for sale…

5 Likes

As @mable said St.Elmo is based on palpitation, but the shape is closer than Colony than Palpitation

And also Hinemosu has similar line with Colony, but thanks to Hinemosu’s huge titanium rim’s weight distribution(sorry for the broken grammar for this description XD) the speed and power goes even better so I think it could be one of the best you could afford from TP.

7 Likes

You prefer the st Elmo over the hinemosu?

1 Like

I find myself grabbing it more often. It may be I’m not a big fan of the rim heavy feel although it gives good power. They are both so good you can’t go wrong. :grin:

I’ve currently got a hinemosu and I’m looking for a cheaper alternative to use as my edc.

How close are they?

I know they have very similar specs and shape

2 Likes

St. Elmo would be great. Since size and shape is very similar it would be a great choice.

1 Like