Tom Kuhn Appreciation thread

You should see photos of Lucky‘s yo-yo collection!

2 Likes

Truly a thing of wonder. In your Office you say? What’s at home???
Very nice indeed.

What’s your number on your SB2 tortoise?

I’m A763.

6 Likes

My office is in my home. My work desk only has three yo-yos.

2 Likes

My 1995 one is A0656 which is ten away from being an awesome yoyo to own. I have A0049 from 1999 too.

1 Like

This has to be the most comprehensive collection ive ever seen. All those RDs…wow.

1 Like

Wow, impressive collection. I didn’t see a Diamond Special?

2 Likes

My other tortoise is from 1986 when Brad took over. That one’s minty.

How long does it take you to throw those baby’s in rotation?

2 Likes

They’re in the Heirloom sets and one is in a box on the top shelf.

2 Likes

I really don’t play the SB-2s that often. I think it’s a great yo-yo but I generally prefer a wood axle or a fully unresponsive yo-yo. The SB-2 doesn’t really fit my vibe. The original Silver Bullet is awesome and I’m eager to play the SB-X when it’s released.

5 Likes

I honestly can’t get away with that anymore. If I lay out my collection it’s would look like I I’m selling my plentiful wares at a bazar.

4 Likes

We should set a separate TK metals post - so many one-offs and test runs on the SB2. TBH, I lost a little interest once there because too many variations, with each year starting a new # sequence. I do have a couple of the No. 1 serials and will dig them out to post.

3 Likes

I’ve dropped the price to $210. I’m going to offer the 3 remaining Monster Tom Kuhn Yo-Yos Dutch auction style. I’ll be dropping the price a bit every couple of days until they’re all gone.

5 Likes

3 Likes

A2192 (1998)

11 Likes

I created a Tom Kuhn Yo-yos Discord server. let your Camel take flight and join us:

3 Likes

She’s heading to a new home.

12 Likes

The guy who invented Astrojax is going through a tough spot:

He’s also added a bunch of new old stock Tom Kuhns to the AstroJax web store, and cotton string.

5 Likes

Thanks to this thread, I was already thinking about getting a natural finish Roller Woody and white Sleep Machine off his site so this (after noting the P.S. on the gofundme page that he’s regained control of the website) helped me to follow through.

2 Likes

Is this actually a different wood than other NJ’s or just the grain took the finish in a unique way…?

12 Likes