TO WOOT! or not to WOOT!

I tried to reply to a private message with a simple WOOT! Message pops up asking if it’s a complete sentence, as it is rather short and would not send it. Tried a double WOOT! Same issue. What’s with the ridiculous control issues in the forum? If we’re to be micromanaged with ridiculous rules, how about providing us with what the forum Gods deem reasonable responses and what the silly rules are. It’s stuff like this that just turns people off from using the site.

10 Likes

Woot!

To rage or woot that is the question!? :smile:

5 Likes

I think that you are required to have a four word minimum.

1 Like

WOOT!

6 Likes

Why a four word minimum? Why can’t I respond with a simple WOOT? Because someone decided we must have at least four words in our responses. What is the logic behind this? Maybe if I understood their reasoning, I could wrap my head around it and conclude something other than someone has some serious control issues. Who knows, maybe it’s me. Ha! I WANT THE ABILITY TO HAVE A SIMPLE WOOT! RESPONSE DANG IT ALL! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The merits of a simple w00t aside, I rather like that this place isn’t a cesspool like the rest of the Interwebs, and it’s the rules and moderation that keeps it a worthwhile place.

Also, blocking super short comments is a common restriction on a lot of forums, not just here. It’s easy enough to work around, as @twitch77 demonstrated, but it keeps the place from filling up with unintelligible internet slang garbage posts.

2 Likes

WHY YOU NO NOT LET ME SCREAM AND SHOUT DISCOURSE! GAWD!! >:( STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME!!! IT’S MY LIFE AND I’LL DO WHAT I WANNA!

1 Like

It was a PM, not a comment in a thread.

Do you have examples of people that don’t use the site for this reason?

2 Likes

I agree it’s a weirdly micromanaging rule.

2 Likes

Right, sorry. Still, I don’t see it as a big deal. And I get PMs from people I don’t know often enough I’m not sure I’d want that changed.

I’ve seen too many great forums utterly fall apart due to lack of rules and moderation, so I’m a little opinionated on the subject, so even if I don’t care for all the rules, I’ll gladly follow them… or do my best anyway.

3 Likes

In a thread response, I can understand the minimum word count. However, I agree that tje minimum is a bit silly. However, it’s a new system and there’s bound to be growing pains.

1 Like

I will soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Listening to the customers is imperative for good customer service. Being defensive, argumentative or authoritative is not. I see an awful lot of defensive responses to people who bring what they see as an issue to the attention of the powers that be in this forum. Someone in another section commented that sending a PM was confusing. Another mentioned that PMing versus replying to the thread was not obvious. Instead of taking note of what the customers were complaining about, the person responding became defensive and basically told the customers they were wrong, it’s not confusing and thus invalidated them and their complaints. Not good customer service, but I get the impression customer service is not of the utmost importance here. It’s unfortunate, but I suppose whenever and wherever humans gather, such things happen. It’s just human nature, I s’pose. I don’t care enough to take an hour or several to present my case and argue it to prove that this has occurred; I’ll leave those arguments in the court of law or debate class depending on one’s age, where they belong. If the powers that be care, they’ll take note, consider the customer’s issue, and make a decision to make a change, or decide they don’t care, would prefer to leave things as is, whatever the case may be, and make no change.

11 Likes

I’m not trying to be argumentative but the only “powers that be” here are @AndreBoulay and @YoYoExpertGarrett. Do you have examples of where one or both of them were defensive?

2 Likes

I :heart: Andre & Garrett. Just saying.

Yeah, I know…I’m one of them hyper active annoying fanboys! lol

4 Likes

I don’t know who the powers that be are, but if you peruse through various threads where someone makes a statement that can be inferred as a complaint, folks respond, and in a manner that could lead one to believe that they have more power or authority than the average person on the forum. Are you saying that this forum has only two moderators, that being Mr. Boulay and the other gentleman, Garrett? I would think Mr. Boulay has better things to do and thus would have delegated such things to others, but what would I know. Perhpas I incorrectly inferred that said individuals had more power or authority than they do. If that be the case, my bad. Maybe André or Garrett would allow us to take a literacy test to ensure we won’t plague the site with garbage illiterate posts, and if we pass, provide us with the necessary permissions so that we might be able to reply to a PM with a simple WOOT!. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have noticed this as well.
Don’t want to get in the middle of this…but I do want to say to @JustJ that he’s not the only one who sees this.

1 Like

Well thank you for that twitch77. I was just going to add that perhaps it’s just me, and I’m inferring comments incorrectly. I would be surprised, but one just never knows. ;]

1 Like

“Powers that be”, to me anyway, infers ownership or employment of the YoYoExpert store. @jhb8426 and I are the two active moderators on this forum. We aren’t the “powers that be”. We don’t make decisions regarding policy, we’re just here to help out a bit. I’m assuming based on the context clues that you are referring to @codinghorror as the one being defensive. He isn’t the “powers that be” and he’s not a moderator.

I hope this isn’t coming across as sarcastic or negative because that isn’t my intent. I’m just trying to clarify.

4 Likes