TO WOOT! or not to WOOT!

/starts getting into the middle of it >.<’

From the ones I’ve seen, it’s not really coming from the mods (and certainly not from Andre or Garrett. They’ve always been very mature, friendly and professional in sticky situations on the forums from what I’ve seen from them)…but there are some members here that seem to be pretty snarky in their responses to some people and the way I take it, they act like they think they’re higher/better then the people they’re responding to and can come across as very snobbish and elitist.

This being said, I love these forums and have had (and continue to have) a ton of great times here and have tons of respect for just about all of the people who run it, moderate it, and who are regulars around here.

5 Likes

Fair enough. I only mentioned @codinghorror because he replied in the thread mentioned and has “discourse staff” next to his name. In reading his comment in the thread though it doesn’t appear defensive at all.

3 Likes

Not a big deal - I fixed this setting. Try it and let me know if it works.

The ‘software’ is driven around some very primary concepts to ‘encourage’ good communication.

It isn’t so much about ‘controlling’ how people communicate… Rather it is to encourage good conversation, etc. But I understand some people don’t see it as such. And its fine - they were defaults anyways and we can change - appreciate you bringing it up and we will see how it goes. :blush:

Woot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

930PM on a holiday and the man himself stepped in to solve the problem. I’d say that’s not too shabby as far as customer service goes.

23 Likes

I love yo-yo forums. No matter how niche a topic or hobby is, it’s never too small for people to think they are being censored by some higher authority. I find it pretty funny.

Nobody’s censoring anyone, the intent of the feature seems (seemed now I guess) obvious.What can you add to a discussion that’s less than 4 letters?

A lot of affirmative replies that length that are basically the equivalent of liking a post. “Cool, nice, lol.” Negative ones or questions that are that length probably need more elaboration.

9 Likes

Woot! :joy:

1 Like

Just a few months ago someone on the forums bought a couple of yos so he could get into 3a. I can’t remember what was wrong…I think it was just something with the colorway of one of the yos…
But you guys had NO problem letting him ship one of the yos back to exchange for the one he wanted.
But not only that…but you guys sent him the replacement before he sent his back to you so he could still have 2 yos to 3a with!
Amazing customer service there!

I once mentioned that you guys forgot to send me a YYE sticker with one of my orders. haha you immediately reached out to me, fired some of the slackers, and sent me an envelope with several stickers! :heart:

When I was still brand new to the forums and was trying to put together a Deep State in memory of my mom, you guys reached out to me and helped me complete the yo just to be kind! :heart: :heart:

I /heart.jpeg you guys.

9 Likes

pudding = proof.

Well done to all, and to all a good night.

Snark! Snark! That felt gooood! @twitch77 :rofl: WOOOT

2 Likes

Just for the record, I’ve run into the same issue here a number of times and have discussed the situation with the arbiter of all that is good practice on forums… :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Woot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

This thread was incredibly amusing to read.

6 Likes

I’m just disappointed that some of the posts, in this thread, do not include a “WOOT.” Those of you that find yourself wootless, need to go out and find your voice and “WOOT.” Missed opportunity for sure! Sorry that’s just how I see it. (mumbles to himself: What’s wrong with people? Why do they need someone to tell them these things? Good thing I’m here! Totally validates my participation on this forum.) :crazy_face:

A big WOOT!

3 Likes

As I stated before, it wasn’t a post, it was a PM. Entirely different, IMHO. Yes Garrett, Mr. Boulay is the bomb. I think we all agree on that. ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ANDRE! [gets on knees and bows down with arms stretched out above head]
It’s more about what twitch was saying, there are some folks on here who speak in a manner that may lead one to believe they represent YYE, and they can be very defensive and argumentative. If you want to go even further, Garrett felt the need to jump in to defend his “boss”. In my mind, there was no need for that, as he was not being attacked. I clarified previously that the powers that be, to me, were not merely Mr. Boulay and Garret, but moderators of this forum as well. As it was not clear who those moderators were and are, it also included those appearing to represent YYE. There ‘s really no need to be defensive about someone moaning about four letter responses in PMs, IMHO. Andre handled it perfectly. His other option was to say for x y and z reasons, we have chosen this format, and we will continue to require complete sentences or whatever rule that is in place. I’m not certain why some folks on here are the way they are, defensive and/or argumentative, perhaps it’s human nature, personality traits, who knows these things, but this forum would be much better without it, and it would behoove YYE to clarify who represents them, and who does not, for even moderators and those with a distinguished title of discourse personnel represent YYE, like it or not. Obviously Andre has a maturity about him. For some, it comes naturally. For others, it comes with age. And for some, it eludes them for some strange reason. Humans, we are such an interesting lot, aren’t we, but a bit challenging to understand at times. [thinks to self] If only I were God and could control how others responded in this forum, wouldn’t that be grand! [lightbulb appears over head] Maybe I AM the one with the control issues after all! Ah well, it’s all good. Thanks you, Andre’ Boulay, for granting me the ability to WOOT! in a PM. I am eternally grateful. [bows] ;]

I wasn’t jumping in to defend André, I was jumping in to respond to the arbitrary criticism of our “poor” customer service. Feel free to call, email or just send me a PM, woot or no woot, with any question you might have. Happy to help out.

And moderators have a little shield next to their name (like mine), that’s the easiest way to tell who they are. Hope that makes it less confusing going forward.

5 Likes

Oh you know how people can be, pushing buttons here and there for no apparent reason, consciously or unconsciously. Yes, I said it, Yes, I own it. Yes, it was probably a crappy thing to say, but in my defense, I was referring to what I believed to be all those who represent YYE on this forum, and apparently I was mistaken as to whom all those folks are, as it has now been brought to my attention that not all who appear to represent YYE on this forum actually do represent YYE. My apologies. In my experience, I have had some great customer service with YYE. That being said, I have also had some less than great customer service experiences with YYE. I don’t know if I have dealt with you directly, Garrett, so I can not speak of your service. I do believe I have dealt with Mr. Boulay, although I am not certain, as whomever has responded to some of my emails does not sign their name, which is understandable given Mr. Boulay’s fame in the yoyo community. Whomever that person was, their customer service was outstanding. Again, my comment regarding customer service was pertaining to this forum and all those who appeared, to my ignorant eyes regarding this forum, to be representing YYE. I was mistaken in whom those folks are, so again, I offer my apologies.

1 Like

:frowning:

I feel very ashamed of myself now.

3 Likes

It seems like you’re blowing this out of proportion. I think this is more about your perception of others’ actions and less about the actions themselves. I think the average observer would find it impossible to find any ill intent behind anyone’s comments to you in regards to word count limits on a yo-yo forum.

There are things to get upset about in life. This ain’t it chief.

2 Likes

Best meme ever. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I think you misunderstand my last comment, Durfee. I was referring to myself and my own actions, as it was I who unintentionally pushed Garrett’s button, and rightly so, with my remark about customer service. As far as being upset, unfortunately, tonal inflections and facial expressions can not be seen in text. If they could, I imagine it would be apparent I am not upset, I was merely frustrated in that moment when my WOOT! would not transmit. The frustration lasted only moments.

1 Like