TMBR Appreciation Thread

So I got a maple TMBR Fremont 2020 for Christmas and I’m blown away with the craftsmanship and how smooth it plays! I am having a blast with it. It is really motivating me to get more seriously into fixed axle play.

Also, shout out to Zipline kot-ns, these strings are unreal and really boosted my Fremont’s performance. Who else is a fan of TMBR? Please post up pics of your throws! :blush: :yo-yo:

10 Likes

I bought a This-A-Way / That-A-Way several weeks back, and picked up a Wood-Z from the Zipline B-grade drop on New Year’s Eve. Both wonderful throws! Currently waiting for a few spare axles from Colin. Really hoping to score a deHcade when they next drop!

4 Likes

These are nice and smooth. The Spectraply has some friction feel/sound while spinning presumably because of the material, but still plays great (better than the wood-z for shoot the moon with me). Speaking of that, my Spinworthy KNack is perfect also.

6 Likes

Where do I begin? Might take me awhile to post them all, a lot of them are in Fixed Axle Friday Throws.

Here is my Maple 20eHTEEN with some TK 100% cottom type 8.

A Cherry Morrow

A first run EHKNOWN from the 2019 SpeHctra-Ply series

Yin & YeHg from the 2019 SpeHctra-Ply series

White Oak Sullivan

Maple 2012 MORRISON

And I’ll end my 1st post with this fun TMBR video of @colinleland and Ibs from 2011 playing OG Irvings

8 Likes

I really like the look of the 2018 and 2019 Eh’s. Would love to get one some day if that opportunity ever arose. The unknown and yin and yang spectraply are particularly pretty! In play, do you prefer the maple or spectra ply?

2 Likes

That morrow looks awesome! I’ve never seen that model before.

1 Like

The eHTEENs and the 2019 SpeHctra-Plys do have the same shape, but the rim was smoothed out a bit. The eHTEENs came in Maple and Ash and the maple weights in, in the mid 50s where the Ash was the first light eH in the high 40s. You have to be careful with these two as it was really easy to chip and splinter the rims due too the design, and there is a super glue fix I’ll get into later that Ed shared. The Spectra Plys were lighter than the maples in the high 40s similar to the Ashes, but the rim new rims and the material made them a little stronger. The R-eH-nbow is probably the most coveted in that series. That being said the Maple was my primary player that year and my repairs are still holding up. Since the Ash however I’ve also gotten use to the lighter feel and play, which requires more finesse, so the SpeHctra-Plys are really good players as well and this shape is super sporty making tricks a lot easier. Its hard to pick favorites as I enjoy them all and its been a gradual progression. But to answer your question I would probably go with the Yin & YeHg or an eHKNOWN as they are more robust, look really cool and have that finesses light and sporty feel for META 0a.

4 Likes

Thanks for your detailed answer, I appreciate it! Are there 2 versions of the Unknown? A blue vs a grey/black? That blue is :kiss::pinching_hand:. Love it.

1 Like

The Morrow is an awesome shape, the coolest ones out there are the Denim Dyed Ash editions, which I unfortunately slept on, but there are a handful of them out in the wild. Here is a pic from the playtmbr IG

6 Likes

Wow… these are gorgeous. I love that there’s also a bit of an intersection here with Colin’s hobby of denim working, and it’s more than just a fun colorway. It’s so neat when manufacturers do stuff like that.

2 Likes

The Blue and Purple is the Yin & YeHg. And Yes there are two different eHKNOWNs. The 1st version had white caps and a lager Unknown logo, the second run from late February 2020 had a smaller logo and black caps and dropped with the 2nd run of R-eH-nbows.

EHKNOWN Spectra-Ply variants both V1 and V2 with their subtle differences
TMBR counterweights that @colinleland has made;
Lil’Barrel, TMBR Wooden Counterweight , and a CLYW Log.

eHKNOWN v2

7 Likes

Ah okay, this one appears like a denim blue to me. Maybe it’s just the lighting.

3 Likes

Yeah the eHKNOWN V2 spectra ply stock that was used wasn’t quite as dark as the first version, its hard to fully capture in photos but in person its easier to tell. Just another subtle difference between the two.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! :blush:

1 Like

An old photo but I’ll repost for this thread. I wonder if I could get a wood counterweight and dye or paint it black.

7 Likes

Yes I think that would be possible. Or a black wood stain?

1 Like

One of my favorite TMBR shapes is the Sullivan. There are several wood variants some more rare than others and I have a few.

My TMBR Sullivan line up, Purple Heart 74g, Oak 61g, and Maple 54g.

As seen on Fixed Axle Friday Throws Purple Heart and a Copper Theodore

Oak

Maple and Zipline Spinstar

Maple has been in my Current Top 5 for a couple years now

9 Likes

Is that the one in your profile pic? I really like the feel of the maple for my Fremont. Such a nice tight grain and smooth feel.

No that’s my comfort throw, a Hildy Brothers all Maple Currier, 54 grams of pure 0A responsiveness, plays consistently slow and soft.

13 Likes

I need to find an Unknown Eh. Those things are sexy.

3 Likes