TMBR x Ed Haponik x YoYoExpert present the EH 2019 - SPECTRA!

This run of Spectra EH was inspired by the EHKNOWN: The very first spectra EH which released earlier in the year. The Spectra EH has a slightly different feel than previous EH models due to the density of the Plywood layering or SpectraPly , but it’s a beast of a player. The rims are a little chunkier and the lower density of the SpectraPly gives it a really nice feel in play. It has a fantastic level of response that just feels right with the lighter weight, but we’ll let Ed speak further on the performance.

From Ed Haponik on the Spectra EH performance: I would say that the lower density of the Spectraply makes it an almost ridiculously great moon-shooter/planet-hopper. And the walls/gap with the lower weight make it super easy to turn for my Varial tricks. Tricks like Makin da Zines which rely on the yo-yo responding quickly near the end of the string are easier on this version than any yet and I throw into stalls with a way lighter touch on it!

Releasing Tonight. Wednesday 12/18 @ 8PM EST.

18 Likes

That blue and black looks gorgeous

3 Likes

Stunning.

2 Likes

Simply.Stunning.

2 Likes

Love that rainbow. I was voting for “Happy, Eh?” but I suppose “reHnbow” is pretty outstanding as well.

5 Likes

The reHnbow looks fantastic, the Hornets version doesn’t really do it for me, but, that is the beauty of everyone having different tastes. I guess we will have to have the stopwatch ready to see how long it takes these to sell out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I expect these will sell out in less than 30 minutes, plan accordingly!

(They look amazing!)

3 Likes

Lmao Rainbow is already sold out

1 Like

Don’t sleep on the black/purple. Ed loves it for flips/spins.

2 Likes

Is 5hr lead time on drops the new method now?

2 Likes

Thank you (again) to everyone who expressed interest in these and to all who snagged one. This was planned as a larger run, and there will be more coming (along with more of the eHnknown). The eH is NOT meant to be some exclusive caché item. The natural limiting factors are either Colin’s ability to make the yo-yo’s by hand the way he does, or else the material available.

The release decision was actually my idea. Andre and Garrett suggested delaying a day, and I expressed that if we COULD get the yo-yo’s to people by Xmas, that would be awesome and preferable. I posted to my insta 11 hours before the drop, but I know not everyone uses that platform. Lol my original idea was to just drop them with ZERO hype or fanfare (which somehow seemed more democratic), but THAT is why I don’t run a yo-yo store. I’m sorry to anyone who missed out on this initial drop.

12 Likes

I have a rainbow yo-yo now ^_^. So happy I didn’t have to pay the egregious price tag for a rainbow No Jive.

3 Likes

Glad to hear that more are coming. Such beautiful pieces. Glad I haven’t missed out- I’ll be ready on the next round.
Awesome stuff @edhaponik!

4 Likes

Colin in his IG stories also alluded that they shipped to YYE back on the 9th. Last years eHs also dropped on the 18th. If you are not already follow playtmbr on insta.

6 Likes

Irish Mafia, Bruh. Don’t mess with our rainbows. Next they’ll be trying to take our pots o’ gold.

3 Likes

First off, these look fantastic. Second, I’m just seeing them today for the first time… However, I see there are more on the way! That’s great news, but brings me to this:

As a semi-old, I’m struggling to find a way to keep up with the kids on these drops. I think the Ehknown announcement and drop happened within 24-48 hours of each other and it looks like these were the same day. How can I create an alert to let me know when these babies are about to drop next? I think some sites have ‘Let me know when item is in stock’ options when things are out of stock, right? I can’t find that here.

Thanks all!

6 Likes

When is the second batch?

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to get an edge on this by reading tea leaves, going to fortune tellers and also watching the TMBR Instagram. Nothing yet from the tea leaves or fortune tellers, but the TMBR IG had a post up two weeks ago showing what looks like spectra ply drying out/acclimating. There are a couple of comments on there, including ones from Ed and Andre (!!!).

So, my super sleuthing on this tells me that the second batch is: imminent.

Uh, maybe someone who actually knows something will also reply :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t they do the rainbow and blue/purple ones as the second batch?

6 Likes

From Ed’s comment above:

“This was planned as a larger run, and there will be more coming (along with more of the eHnknown)”

6 Likes