Throws that you bought but never really liked

Posts your throws that you never really hit it off with maybe with an explanation of why.

I have two that I bought but was dissatisfied with. Both have been traded at this point.

YYJ H3X, IDK it never really connected with me.

MFD Gelada: It made me feel weird while throwing and I couldn’t stand it no matter how much I lied to my self. At least my friend likes it.

Although I recognized how great it was, my clyw gnarwal just never clicked with me.

1 Like

YYF Speed Dial, Duncan FH2 (older model).

for me… the DM2, i really don´t like it.

Loop 360’s…

They just felt cheap…

The Gnarwhal and Cascade never really did it for me. Other people love them, so different strokes I guess. :-\

I read somewhere that they are great for the true beginner…would you agree, or not?

I traded for a long time just to get up to an arctic circle, but in the end I liked some of the throws I traded better than it

Didn’t really click with the Chief.

Yuki

I bought a PSG to try it out. It is good for a $12 yoyo but after throwing my Shutter and Genesis all day, it felt kind of cheap. I like it now, after getting used to it, but at first, I didn’t really like it.

I know I’m going to get some hate for this but I don’t like the rally. Idk what it it but it just doesn’t feel right for me. Another one is my yyj inspire. By far thaw worst yoyo I own. I can’t find anything I like about it

Arctic circle. Compared to the puffin and chief, it played a bit too heavy/solid for my taste. Traded for evil-yo. :slight_smile:

I don’t like my dm2 very much. I use it as my someone who has never thrown wants to throw yoyo. I keep the slim bearing in.

YYF One… i know it’s the base, cheap model but the lady at Air Traffic recommended it and i wish she hadn’t. i think i would have been much happier with a YYJ Classic or Lyn Fury as my beginner yoyo.

glad i went back later that night and bought a Shutter or i probably would have never enjoyed yoyoing like i do now.

1 Like

OneDrop Cascade.
CLYW Arctic Circle.

The Cascade. I’ve tried it with every side effect around, and it just doesn’t click with me. I’ll never get rid of it, it was a gift from my wife, but its never that first yoyo that I reach for. I’ll pick it up once in a while to see if my feelings about it have changed, but they never seem to.

First run Sasquatch’s.
Later runs were amazing, unfortunately missed out on those.

I agree, I don’t hate it, but now that I’ve found the GenYo ministar and the token it’s my least favorite of what I own and honestly I have thrown it in some time.

It was one of my first 5 yoyos but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one.

POPstar, ENEME

Wow another I find myself agreeing with heavily.

I bought a pair for my kids and they really suck for responsive play (for a beginner I feel it’s too small and there wasn’t enough lube in a bottle to keep it playable for my kids or me when I gave it a go) and the wider bearing for unresponsive play made it feel wobbly. So we scrapped them and went with the YYJ classics also.