Throw some ideas you have for a beginnerish combo. So far I can do a trapeze and a double or nothing consistently

That’s why I recommend Matrix and Buddah’s revenge - they are actually within reason for a new player to land if they can do Double or Nothing consistently.

3 Likes

I would recommend Chad’s Flow Routine. It starts and ends on the Trapeze mount and is made up of several very simple elements, none of which are even as hard as Double or Nothing. It is a cyclic routine that has many benefits:

• It helps strengthen your planar precision
  • It has simple elements you can fold into your own combos
  • It will make you comfortable with reverse flips and doubling the trapeze on both fingers
  • It is great for practicing smooth movements and changes of yoyo direction

I learned the Flow Routine after only knowing Trapeze, Brother, and Double or Nothing. Try it. I don’t think you will regret it.

3 Likes

Please send me a link.

Thank you codinghorror!

1 Like
3 Likes

i also think that buddha’s revenge would be a nice trick to transition…and cold fusion.

mgodzilla

cloudy…

1 Like

Most of these folks have already recommended good tricks to learn, so I’ll instead throw out some general beginner advice that I wish someone told me right when I started lol.
I would also say, for a beginner, to learn all the different mounts, work on good, straight throws, and have a couple go to smooth, clean binds.

Knowing all of the mounts will expedite your learning experience. See a trick that interests you? Doesn’t matter what mount it starts in because you’ll be comfortable with them all.
A good, straight throw is better than a hard throw every time. Focus on keeping your yoyo on plane; a straight throw will go a long way for this.
Lastly, a clean bind means a safe next throw. And a safe throw means a safe face. Be comfortable binding for both a forward and backward spinning yoyo. And never forget a safety throw could save you a bloody lip.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much for the tips! It’s been super helpful!

Eli hops, split bottom mount lol gyrosopic flop , well learn the plastic whip before that one

1 Like