Thoughts on Vosun?

what do you think about their throws specifically the trinity the eztrik the rogue 4s and the ez spin

image (EZSpin)

image (EZtrik)

image (4s Rogue)

2 Likes

Can’t beat this for $25 all there is to say. Boutique YoYos have more soul but for $25 bucks boutique YoYos can’t compete

1 Like

what does the ezspin feel like on the throw?

I guess it feels solid at the end of the string but slower and floaty during combos. Very stable feel like most bi-metals

1 Like

Thanks, I have never tried a bimetal before,have you ever tried a bimetal before?

Yeah like I said for $25 I think its a great deal. Also since you’ve never had a bi metal it’ll be an entrance for cheap

Edit: my bearing it came with is pretty good for a Chinese yoyo too!

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughts man

1 Like

Ehh?

4 Likes

Compared to my other bi metals it isn’t as good… doesn’t have that “feel” to it. But for 25$ it’s a better deal than the others. If you disagree cool but if you can’t feel the difference idk what to tell you…

Nah it’s all good man. I’m just sure what you mean by soul and “that feel”. Sure I can understand a difference in performance, some aspects of that are even quantifiable.

When you push a yo-yo hard horizontally, it’s power and stability are tested immediately. I’m just not sure how to test for soul.

6 Likes

I’m also not sure why a yo-yo being boutique gives it this feel.

Sorry, don’t mean to be contrary, just an interesting discussion.

3 Likes

Fair enough maybe that word is different to different people or maybe I’m too much of a hippy. But the vosun and other Chinese companies like magic yoyo that sell their YoYos cheaper than the average price just have this more manufactured feel. Idk how to describe it. But I feel more creative with my other yoyos no offense against vosun. For the price it can’t be beat

2 Likes

And by boutique I’m just saying companies that aren’t Chinese/way cheaper than the market goes for. Maybe it’s a subconscious thing. But I notice the same thing with my guitars. The Gibson has a vibe and a smell to it that is just right versus an epiphone/Chinese brand. I kinda feel like yyf has this lack of soul feeling too but that’s just my opinion

2 Likes

Its mostly a subconscious thing, because even the boutique brands (with some exceptions) are manufactured by the same people. Like there’s some QC difference (depending on the brand), but its branding all the way down.

3 Likes

That combined with the finish… the more I think about it the cheaper bi metals I have all have worse finishes than the “boutique”

2 Likes

i might get that maybe but i’d like to know some other thoughts about the other ones like the eztrik and the rogue

The ezspin isn’t a bimetal.

1 Like

Really? It has an extra metal ring in the cup just like the yyf meerkat or am I mistaken. It plays like one in my experience @MarkD

It’s not listed as one on Vosun’s website, and it’s priced like their other monometals.

It looks like the shiny part is more aluminum, which isn’t uncommon for yoyos.

4 Likes

I had the vosun duang and it was really good for the price. Really came out of the box smoother than a lot of the higher end yo-yos I own. I was impressed but didn’t play it much so I gave it away