Bi metal yoyos

what are some good bimetal yo-yos that aren’t outrageously expensive i know the yyf space cowboy is one of them but the ran out of gold :frowning: any others?

Yoyofficer Rave, Recess Weekend, and Axis Pulsefire are all reasonably priced.

Nightmare, iyoyo steel, and if you want undersized, there’s the YYJ karma.

The only bi metal i have is the Rave. I am very impressed with it. Cant really compare it to other bi metals tho since it is the only one i own.

I got a Rainfly from my Secret Santa and was pleasantly surprised by it. Only $70 new. Smooth throw, very well balanced.

One that’s a bit up there but am falling in love with rather fast is the Knight.

Rainfly and Zeekio Volt are both cheaper than your normal bimetals, but they’re chunky-feeling as well. That’s nice for a powerful feeling, but in my opinion doesn’t let the stainless steel shine. The Glider improves on the Rainfly and makes it lighter. With that, you get balance and stability while still being able to go fast.

Vosun has one…

New colors should land this week at yoyoexpert! :slight_smile:

I think that at $50 in the Mystery Box, the 2016 Superstar has got to be one of the best value bi-metals out there (THE best value imo, but thats just my personal opinion). The steel rims are only small but they do make a difference. Really really great yoyo.

At the moment, the best bimetal I have played is the Sengoku Masamune. I have not played a YYF bimetal or an iYoYo for that matter so I cannot compare it to them.

ive heard that it’s fantastic. Loved you review.

Masamune is absolutely legit. But not budget-conscious.

I gotta agree with Gambit I’m really enjoying the bi-metal superstar, there are others I like more but they’re all $150+. I didn’t buy into the mystery boxes cause I didn’t want A or B but then they sold the leftover X’s for $60, might be the best yoyo I’ll ever get at that price point.

would you all say that playing with a bi metal is a better than with non bi metals?

Absolutely not…but any answer you get for that question will be pure opinion. 8)

Not better, just different. Sure a lot of bimetals perform very well, but good performance does not always make for a nice-playing yoyo. I have some bimetals I play very often, I also have plenty of single-metals that I play just as much. Each has their own characteristics and quirks. :slight_smile:

I forgot all about that one, though one can’t get one for $50 now. Excellent throw.

Any thoughts on the Nightmare? I’ve been really wanting to pick one up, but I’ve heard a lot about axle problems and such.

No, materials used are not as important as how the yo-yo is designed. That is why I always say the designer is what really counts when it comes to making a great yo-yo. Adding another metal into the mix will not fix a crap design.