This will start some debate!!!!

I’ve played both quite a bit. I prefer the Yeti, but I’m quite biased toward rounder shapes.

Crazy-D

Loop1080. 3 pairs.

For play: Rally

For looks: Yeti

I love the look of the Yeti but I would probably get the Rally because I prefer the shape of the Rally. Maybe I will wait for a new color to be released.

The rally is nothing like the code 2… The Yeti is very much like the chief in my opinion though. So no, your preference of code2 vs. chief will not necessarily go hand in hand with your preference of rally vs. yeti.

Well, I won a rally… So… Rally.

both!

1 Like

Yuuki Spencer said the Yeti was the best plastic he’s ever thrown. Wonder what he thinks of the Rally.

Dude, I know. I was so mad that they were out of stock when I was purchasing the CLYW Kendama. >:

I was hoping for a really good debate about controversial yoyo matters.
What the heck is this?

Haru

Both are molded plastics. The Rally takes a ride on the machines at the One Drop shop in order to add the grind finish and cut the hole for the center hub.

Here is a before and after pic of the Rally shell (left=before, right=after)

XLR8! Lol I choose the Rally. But I probably won’t be getting one (due to the cheaper XLR8, $30-$35!) or a Yeti. My friend will be getting a Yeti though, so ill try that out and tell you about it. Stay tuned!

There’s no way on earth the XLR8 can outplay the yeti or the rally. It just won’t happen…

And for this statement alone, Ill know to ignore your opinion in the future.
:wink:
Dont knock it will you try it, otherwise you are simply a fool.

Haru

1 Like

Never know… Know but seriously I think the XLR8 has the POTENTIAL to play up the same level as these yoyos at an even better price point.

Why? Just because of the brand? This is honestly the first time I’ve heard anyone “diss” the XLR8. Seems like many have abandoned the Rally and Yeti for this one, due to a cheaper price, and maybe even better play IMO. But I have tried the rally and its very good, but I won’t be buying one anytime soon, not just because of the XLR8, I’m also gonna pick up a Kendama, and a Blue YYR Diffusion.

I wouldn’t mind trying out the XLR8 but the design has me a little worried. Based on just looks alone, the design appears to be highly center weighted since the inner body is aluminum while leaving the rims made up of Celcon. This could cause it to be a little sluggish on the string and reduce spin times. Again, I am just making an educated guess based on what I am seeing, I could be totally off the mark, hence wanting to give it a shot. :slight_smile:

That’s pretty sweet.

It’s actually on the light side, based on what I have heard.

I’d like to try both, but with Chris being the “out-of-the-box-thinker” that he is, I’d buy the Yeti first.