Things yoyoers intensely dislike

lubing my bearing

6 Likes

Bearing noise.

8 Likes

Whenever they say walk the dog i just do a grind trick and say he likes to walk on my hand haha

18 Likes

“Don’t you run out of things to do with it? I mean it’s just a string”

13 Likes

Teaching new players, whereas , they tend to use-up and go through new strings 5-10 times faster than I do.
Thus, leaving myself very short handed or having to go without most of the time.

I pledged in 2003 not to buy anymore new yoyo equipment. A constant struggle ever since.

Let it be known, for those of you who have shown me kindness in this regard, “free-strings”
Thank You!
Greatly Appreciated:heart_decoration:

10 Likes

Limited runs.

Not of specific special editions, but limited run yo-yos that make it difficult to get one on drop. If your yo-yos sell that quickly why are you not making more?

15 Likes

Cheapo crap-tastic bulk strings. I really dislike the way they feel, the way they slack, the way the burn me, and the way they knot. Few things degrade my yoyo experience more than basic cheap bulk strings. bleh.

15 Likes

Most boutique yoyo companies lack the overhead to pay for large runs. Plus, once these stupid rare yoyos get big runs, people tend to buy less of them. I’m not condoning the practice (I kind of hate it too), but that’s just the way it is.

9 Likes

You may wanna take a look because general yoyo design has made a couple advances since then.

8 Likes

The real issue, most of the time, is that even if they double the number of yo-yos in a run, they still aren’t going to make “a lot” of money. They will, however, be spending a lot more time QCing, testing, assembling, etc. while trying to balance a day job and family time.
Really guys, it isn’t a big scheme to inflate the valuation of their company for its IPO

12 Likes

When i untie an axle knot, then get another one immediately after.
Also when i pull my string hard because I think theres a magic knot in my string (the ones you can pull and it’ll go away) , but it turns out to be a regular knot.

13 Likes
  • Slippy response pads (corollary: excessively wide gaps, > 4.75mm).
  • Instagram as a yoyo selling platform.
  • Non-solid color finishes (with a very few exceptions).
  • Inner cup engraving patterns that aren’t radially symmetrical.
  • Yoyos that don’t come in all 4 of my favorite four colors: blue/aqua, red, gold, purple.
  • Yoyos with a width >= 46mm (with only one exception…so far).
  • Flat bearings.
  • ProtoStar “death-grip” spacers.
  • How long it takes me to learn most tricks.
12 Likes

When your mother-in-law blames her inability to make a throw come back to her on something called a “Trick Yoyo”. That and the awful Merry Christmas engraving on my Magic N12.

8 Likes

I feel like when i drop even a stationary yoyo on the carpet it just bounces around like its LOOKING for something to hit. Gah

7 Likes

Aha! Love it. Thanks, I’m going to “steal” that next time someone asks me if I can do walk the dog.

6 Likes

Yeah I never got too bent out of shape over missing a drop, if anything it’s probably better for my bank account lol. Then sometimes people get a upset about companies hyping their own product but to me I don’t see anything wrong with a little marketing for something you’ve invested your own time, hard work and money into. Some people seem to think it’s borderline dishonest, but for me as long as I get what’s advertised and it works the way it should I don’t care. And if I can’t afford something cause it’s exclusive and over hyped, well then it’s just not for me, I already have more than enough and there are still a ton of fantastic throws to buy out there it seems like a waste of my time to let that bother me.

8 Likes

It drives me nuts when I mess up a rejection. There’s nothing more annoying than doing e.g. a magic drop and having the yo-yo flop over my hand(s) instead of coming off the string.

Messing up the length of my string. A little too short is usually not a problem for me, but too long and it just feels weird.

My shoulder. I strained my rotator cuff months ago and ever since certain tricks have been far more difficult than before. E.g. I have a lot of trouble with 1.5 hooks and reverse Brent stoles now, and I had had them down pretty consistently before. Very frustrating—my overall progress has been nearly stalled for like 6 months now. I’m still learning just much more slowly.

7 Likes

What condition is it in? Any chance you’d want to rid yourself of it? I may be interested in buying it for the right price!

6 Likes

@ThrowButcher, Let Twitch’s bad taste be your gain!

8 Likes

Fixed.

9 Likes